Any recommended cycle routes from SE London to Epsom

I?ve commuted by bike from ED to Leatherhead for the last 4 years or so. Yet to find a really good route...

I tend to go Tulse Hill, Streatham, Mitcham, Rose Hill, Sutton, Cheam, Epsom.

I get off the South Circular asap after Tulse Hill and use back roads (Hillside Rd and Amesbury Ave) to Streatham High Rd.

Then A216 and A217 to Mitcham then keep on London Road to Rose Hill to Sutton.

Reasonably quiet route from Sutton (I head up the High Street and then right at the rail station (mulgrave road)to East Ewell along Sandy Lane and Northey Ave.

Then you are onto the A24 to Epsom.

It is reasonably hilly and otherwise busy with traffic and there are lots of traffic lights.

Many years ago I had a back-street route from Clapham Junction area to Epsom via Wimbledon Park, Raynes Park, Worcester Park & Ewell West. You could do similar starting from Tulse Hill: head west towards Tooting Common, down to Furzedown, cut across from Furzedown towards Wimbledon and then follow the railway line south staying south of the railway and north of the A298; turn left at Raynes Park and stay roughly parallel with the railway. Pretty quiet the whole way, but if you're talking commute it's a very long way for a regular route - 15 miles minimum. I'm keen, but I think I'd aim to cycle somewhere half way with a decent direct train service, Wimbledon probably.

• 1 month later...

Attempted this on Sunday. I live in Forest Hill so took a route via Croydon. Managed to go wrong and realised once I?d gone all the way up and down the other side of a massive hill. Gave up in the end! Think I need a garmin! Ha

Will look at that app. Cheers!