Bin scavenger alert Hindmans Road

She was going down the green bin, not the blue. My son caught her and asked what she was doing. There was a lot of rubbish left on the floor. My neighbour was also sweeping up the mess she had left. She headed off down Whateley Road.

Please let the police know .

We?ve had the same problem on Belvoir Road 3 times in a month 3 separate woman . I spoke to one and told her to leave.

She did eventually but weathers there?s a link ? 3 different households in our street have had identity theft happen to them since !!

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So does some villain then pay for used letters by

> the ton or some such - you do suspect that.

>

No, its mostly rubbish, no apologies for the pun.

pretty much everything needed is bought en masse on the dark net these days.

lilolil Wrote:

> Just now 8.50am. Throwing rubbish everywhere as

> she's sorting through grrr.

oh no not again:( last time I caught this woman riffling through my green bin, about 2/3 months ago I told her to stop it & go away then I caught her further down the road pulling stuff out of another neighbours bin - mainly clothes. She held up some bras to show me as if it was Ok what she was doing:( her assistant was pulling a trolly for the stash. I was hoping they wouldn't return to Hindmans but it seems to be a favourite on their list:( I thought of getting locks for my bins but never got round to it & then I would probably forget to unlock them on collection day lol

I have a feeling she may not want to come back to Hindmans Road in a hurry.

Apart from the fact she was confronted by my son who caught her in the act, my alter ego (loud and angry banshee) wearing a coat over my nightdress found her rummaging through a bin on the corner of Landells.

She may have wet herself 😁

lilolil Wrote:

> I have a feeling she may not want to come back to

> Hindmans Road in a hurry.

> Apart from the fact she was confronted by my son

> who caught her in the act, my alter ego (loud and

> angry banshee) wearing a coat over my nightdress

> found her rummaging through a bin on the corner of

> Landells.

> She may have wet herself 😁

lol well that's what I thought when I confronted her & told her to leave the road & waited till she disappeared out of view with her sidekick running up the road behind her with the trolly trying to catch up lol, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have deterred them:( They don't seem to care if you tell them you will report them to the police either.

Louisa Wrote:

> I encourage her to come to my green bin. I could

> do with a argument today. [sic]

>

> Louisa.

But how would she know it is your bin, when it is dumped in the road 'saving' your parking space on the public highway?

Had people looking through bins on Underhill, noticed when I'd parked up outside. Stayed for a couple of minutes to watch what they were doing, and she was just getting the dregs of the shampoo, deodorant, makeup, washing liquid etc.

Went and spoke to her, and asked her to just make sure the bin lid was fully closed after she was done. She was thankful but apologised. I said there's no need to be sorry - help yourself. A very sad state of affairs that people feel the need to have to do this, as they clearly cannot afford the basics, but if our households are so wasteful as to leave these bits in the bottoms of bottles, then why shouldn't someone make good use of it.

fruityloops Wrote:

> Had people looking through bins on Underhill,

> .... then why shouldn't someone make good use

> of it.

Sorry - my point being, not all of the folk doing this are out for criminal intent and identity theft. Often it is just people doing their best to get by by using other people's waste.

fruityloops Wrote:

> fruityloops Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Had people looking through bins on Underhill,

> > .... then why shouldn't someone make good use

> > of it.

>

>

> Sorry - my point being, not all of the folk doing

> this are out for criminal intent and identity

> theft. Often it is just people doing their best

> to get by by using other people's waste.

The chance of this being ID theft are virtually zero. they are picking items from the rubbish to sell at the Clothes by the Kg shops. This is not some sophisticated plan by a mysterious fagin like mastermind to steal your identity. the baseless tropes repeated on here do nothing to ally any fears. people should think before they post. see alos chalk marks on the pavement for another one that refuses to die

flocker spotter Wrote:

> fruityloops Wrote:

> -----

> > fruityloops Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Had people looking through bins on Underhill,

> > > .... then why shouldn't someone make good use

> > > of it.

> >

> >

> > Sorry - my point being, not all of the folk

> doing

> > this are out for criminal intent and identity

> > theft. Often it is just people doing their

> best

> > to get by by using other people's waste.

>

> The chance of this being ID theft are virtually

> zero. they are picking items from the rubbish to

> sell at the Clothes by the Kg shops. This is not

> some sophisticated plan by a mysterious fagin like

> mastermind to steal your identity. the baseless

> tropes repeated on here do nothing to ally any

> fears. people should think before they post. see

> alos chalk marks on the pavement for another one

> that refuses to die

Some of these gangs can really talk their way round. Someone managed to take 4500 out of mine at a bank in Islington - over the counter last year a month after I had my cards stolen and after all were cancelled. Refunded of course (and I'm told now they refund whatever happens these days so no-one should worry) but how did they do it - bank didn't tell me LOL.

Edit: and even scarier some guy turned up at my flat pretending he needed my signature for a letter which should just have been posted through - sure it was linked.

flocker spotter Wrote:

> my only direct experiences of this were

>

> 1) a *local* petrol station unknowingly part of a

> card skimming operation a few years ago

> 2) an estate agent employee in SE4 some years ago

> using my empty gaff to apply for cards that were

> sold on

The banks are really good on this now in my experience - the refunds to me were made immediately without loads of questions (and my tale seemed preposterous - but it was true).