Thanks a 1 000 000 for retuning my wallet!

Bozza

How lucky am I?! Last Sunday I went on bus 185 from central London and when I got home noticed that I had lost my wallet. Rather annoying for all the hassle and all and in particular as it was special gift.

Having cancelled all my credit cards and registered with TfL and the police I thought it would be the end of it.

Well, can you believe it. Yesterday I got a letter from my bank that someone had handed it in and I could come and collect it.

Well, there it was. All cards and content as I had left it in my pocket. Bank did not keep a record of who handed it in so please drop me a PM if you are the kind person and I'll be delighted to send you some sort of token of gratitude!!!!

Thank you, I have to say in these unrestful times it is great to live among such honest and helpful people!

185 goes through Camberwell and the Oval. OMG it might have been someone from those places!

Dead happy for you this happened. Happened to me too - I came home from America having lost America dollar wallet (with my address in it) and came home to find someone had sent it back with dollar bills all in tact too. I was with MrRose so he had to pay the bills from there on in whilst we were there for another week. Dammit I now had no excuse but to pay him back!

As a cyclist, I must have found 4+ wallets on the road this year, I went to various lengths to try to find the owners, but never could so I handed them all into the Police Station...

I think there are a lot more honest people in the world that we realise...!

Clinker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As a cyclist, I must have found 4+ wallets on the

> road this year, I went to various lengths to try

> to find the owners, but never could so I handed

> them all into the Police Station...

> I think there are a lot more honest people in the

> world that we realise...!

xxxxxxx

I agree, I've also handed in a wallet that I found on a station platform.

An ex of mine once dropped a bundle of banknotes from his back pocket (don't think he possessed a wallet!) and someone following picked them up and gave them all back to him (yes, ex did give honest person a tenner in thanks).

In a rush to make my 5-a-side game at Crystal Palace sports centre a few yaers back I left my jeans with wallet and keys and about ?50 and my credit and bank cards in the changing room - wrote it off and went home in my kit and cancelled my cards. Next day get a call from a bloke who'd picked it up...I'd just left it on a peg (I'd a business card in my jeans) offered to drop it off but I then worked near where he lived (that housing estate at the top of LL). I went to pick it up and he gave me everyting back including a whole load of change - wouldn't take anything other than my thanks...(I know it shouldn't be relevant but he was a young black guy about 19). If it had been me, I must admit I'd probably just have handed it in behind the desk.

An ex of mine once dropped a bundle of banknotes from his back pocket (don't think he possessed a wallet!) and someone following picked them up and gave them all back to him (yes, ex did give honest person a tenner in thanks).

I walked behind a guy in a car park once when I was a teenybopper, he dropped a roll of what looked like ?20 notes, I immediately picked them up and chased him to give them back, he snatched them out of my hand without a word of thanks, as he walked off I yelled "its ok you're welcome" and he told me to feck off, couldn't believe it, I live in hope that something not very nice happened to him! Hey Sue, it weren't your ex was it! ha! nah, could'nt have been, he tipped the person a tenner, or did he........;-)

Oh, I wish I knew the machine did that. Last spring I went to a cash point at Victoria Station. Someone had left ?200 in the slot. I hung around to see if any dippy person came back, but noone did. I gave it to a BT policeman who took my details.

Some months later I 'phoned to see if it had been claimed (secretly wishing it hadn't and that I could have it) but they had no record of the incident.

Motto 1: don't be honest (I don't really mean that, I think)

Motto 2: always take the epaulette number of any copper you have dealings with.

NNEWTON Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i walked away from the cash point on Barry road

> not taking the ?50 i'd just withdrew, the person

> behind me didn't think to tell me and must have

> pocketed it.. Were not all as perfect in east

> dulwich as we like to think.

I did the same with ?90 only last month in Lewisham, only thing was it was my last ?90 so I was skint until I next got paid. Grrr!

Not topical to Ed but,

My husband was enjoying a curry today in the Curry cabin when he got a phone call, the caller said "This is a bit of a strange call, but I've just found a wallet and your card is in it, his name is ---- ----- do you know who he is?"

Hubby didn't know him but asked where he found it and then realised that he'd been to see him months earlier and gave the caller the address, he told him him that what he was doing was brilliant (which it was) and he just replied " It's Karma, innit mate"

There's plenty of people like that out there!