Is it just me or are the East Dulwich buses worse since Boris got in?

James

Waited over 40 minutes for a 63 this morning before giving up and getting a 363. 40 minutes! What's going on? I have noticed a sudden, severe deterioration in the frequency of the 63 - until a few weeks ago, I don't recall having to wait for more than ten minutes.

What's going on? Has Boris started selling off buses to pay for port and cigars or something?

Not sure where you pick up the 63, but they have just put in roadworks on Forest Hill road with no traffic signals so its a free for all trying to get through - especially for Buses who need all the space left.

Which leads to another point - what is going ON with the roads at the moment? With Gas and Water, there is no route I don't think out of the area which doesn't have one way lights/roadworks to negotiate around. Is November the designated time? I thought councils always had a massive blitz on this type of stuff at about March when they had to spend their budget for the year.

Not sure where you pick up the 63, but they have just put in roadworks on Forest Hill road with no traffic signals so its a free for all trying to get through - especially for Buses who need all the space left.

Which leads to another point - what is going ON with the roads at the moment? With Gas and Water, there is no route I don't think out of the area which doesn't have one way lights/roadworks to negotiate around. Is November the designated time? I thought councils always had a massive blitz on this type of stuff at about March when they had to spend their budget for the year.

Sign on the bus stop (that I only noticed after sleeply waiting in the cold for 15 minutes) that the number 63 wasn't going up to Honor Oak at the weekend due to roadworks. Stated that restriction only in place until 17.00 Sunday afternoon but were only going from Peckham Rye this morning.

Me too James. I waited for 1 hour, after 30 minutes of waiting I called the London Transport helpline, they advised me the 63 buses were running but with severe delays. After 1 hour I jumped on another bus to find that the 63 buses had been running all along but were starting at Peckham Rye....arrrrrhhhhhh

Good ole Boris, getting rid of all the more than half empty buses. Now he just needs to get rid of the virtually empty 7am - 7pm and 24hr ridiculous bus lanes. Fixing all the roads now! What a good egg! It's going to be a pleassure to drive again soon. I wonder if suggesting rephasing the traffic lights in London to help traffic flow instead of clogging it would be a good idea! >:D

Well I'm glad someone's happy that public transport is going up the spout (Boosboss).

Why not abolish buses & bus lanes altogether (it costs money! Why should I pay taxes for empty buses blah blah etc.) and we can sit in our cars in absolute gridlock under clouds of smog getting nowhere. Great!

Btw thanks for telling me that Hibbs. Think I am going to complain to TfL - am fed up with their attitude towards paying passengers. They tell you nothing and serveral times recently I have been dumped off a bus when they have decided to terminate it randomly with no warning, apology or compensation.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's why I said you hadto be kidding - it didn't

> even sound like your normal self BB

I'm not my normal self! Just quit smoking and the NRT drugs are playing havoc with my sense of humour!