We're back and we're proud! And sorry for being gone.

Mark

Blimey, that was something we don't want to go through again, at least the Administrator got some time off to tend to his/her rose garden. We're really sorry about that disruption and hopefully normal service has been resumed and hopefully the site's faster than before.

Thank you to everyone who donated, it's meant that the forum has been put back up quicker than we could have done on our own and the server mechanics have set it up so that it's stable (touch wood). There is still a donations button here because we are putting money into the server fund pot so that we can quickly deal with any issues again without panicking.

Now go off and enjoy yourself and talk about curries and trains and fences and gigs and shops and things.

Mark Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Blimey, that was something we don't want to go

> through again, at least the Administrator got some

> time off to tend to his/her rose garden. We're

> really sorry about that disruption and hopefully

> normal service has been resumed and hopefully the

> site's faster than before.

>

> Thank you to everyone who donated, it's meant that

> the forum has been put back up quicker than we

> could have done on our own and the server

> mechanics have set it up so that it's stable

> (touch wood). There is still a donations button

> here because we are putting money into the server

> fund pot so that we can quickly deal with any

> issues again without panicking.

Cheers Mark. I don't know about about anyone elase but it'd be fine by me if yourself and Admin took a few quid and went out and got sguiffy drunk this evening.

I think you both deserve it for your sterling efforts during the recent crisis and your fine work in general.

Go on, the exchequer can stand a few pints of Addlestones.

Hi Reuben

You kept posting about what the Magnolia was offering in the General Issues and gossip section, so they were moved into the Offered section. Just because you do remarkable lovely meals in the Magnolia doesn't mean you can post wherever you want.

Thanks for sorting it out Mark, your time will be much appreciated. Got me wondering just what Keef, Sean, Mockney and the other uber-posters did during the downtime. Probably just wrote all their comments in Word for super-speedy uploading when the problem was sorted.

After PayPal fees ?806.66 has been raised so far. The server + installation costs 1274.75 incl VAT per year

Some of this shortfall will come from sponsorship but there is always time for people to donate, in fact I think I will probably have a "Donate" link at the bottom of the page.

Thanks again to everyone who donated, it really is appreciated.