Peckham Rye park pond

The pond in Peckam Rye park looks terrible. It's so scummy I'm surprised the wildlife is surviving.I'm going to go to the park office to ask what's going to be done to clean it up. Also the fountain in the Sexby gardens has been dried up for months and is full of scummy pond stuff. Such a shame.

I noticed the pond as well today - I think these very high temperatures are what is causing the problem.

I do not think the whole park is a mess - it is a large area with a much diminished team, but the grassed areas are well looked after, and the different planting areas are lovely. Yes, some bind weed and other pesky weeds creeping in, but I walk there most mornings, and still find something to delight in each day.

the sexby pond could do with a clear out - perhaps the friends of PR could organise a volunteers day? (I'd happily get stuck in)

On a different note, there are so many different types of ducklings and goslings in the main pond - they are a delight to watch grow. There are also some huge carp (please tell me they don;t eat baby ducks) and a range of different size turtles (terrapins?) sunning themselves.

Sorry Tiddles, but many of the planted areas are not "lovely" compared to previous years.

Go and have a look at the well maintained planted beds in the walled garden at Brockwell Park

They are what I would describe as "lovely", not the weedy uncared for beds in Peckham Rye Park :(

With just one or two exceptions eg the formal beds at the main entrance.