Punched and racially abused on Adys Road (goose green) next to church

Cles

At 7pm this evening a male and female in their 20s came upto me and asked if I was on the news. I repeatedly said no, as they kept asking.

The girl then said ?you?re just a white c**t? and punched me.

They carried on walking and laughing.

Please be vigilant.

Hello. I think I saw this pair walking up Adys Road yesterday around that time. They were crossing at the Nutbrook Street junction and, as a driver, I slowed to let them cross. The girl shouted at me with a barrage of foul language and stuck her finger up at me. (I'd only let them cross the road, of course...) The young man appeared complicit.

The male is probably late teens/early twenties, black, and was wearing a black T-shirt. The female is probably late teens/early twenties, black/mixed race, think she wore a pink vest.

Looked fairly clear that they'd have a proper go at someone - sorry it was you, and probably others too. Please report your attack to the police, and PM me if any back-up's required.

Toffee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So sorry to hear this. I hope you?re not too badly

> hurt. Racism is a 2 way thing I?m afraid. We only

> ever hear of one side though.

Four sentences when two would have done. Did you really think this is an appropriate time/place to air your prejudices? Racism is indeed a two-way street - one with nine lanes in one direction and one in the other.

Hope you're OK Cles.

JohnL Wrote:

> I'd report it and tick the "In my perception the

> crime was a hate crime" checkbox - police are then

> obliged to investigate.

To be fair, the police are no more or less obliged to investigate than if you report being punched in the face for any other reason, or for no reason at all. Specifically reporting it as racially motivated gets it added to the relevant crime statistics, is the main effect.

The legal implication is that the Courts must treat it as an aggravating factor when sentencing - but that?s about what happens in Court rather than what Plod recorded in the crime report.

Anyway, appalled to hear there are thugs randomly punching folks in the neighbourhood. I hope they don?t play on your mind OP, you were so unlucky to be near these morons at the wrong time. Hope you recover fast and enjoy the rest of summer!

I was merely pointing out the fact that racism exists in all cultures. I?m sure you would agree that calling someone a ?white c..t is a racist remark. I do not condone racism in any shape or form. Thank you for pointing out that I used too many sentences. In future I shall do as you say and only ever post using one sentence. Shame you don?t follow your own advice.

> Toffee Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > So sorry to hear this. I hope you?re not too

> badly

> > hurt. Racism is a 2 way thing I?m afraid. We

> only

> > ever hear of one side though.

>

>

> Four sentences when two would have done. Did you

> really think this is an appropriate time/place to

> air your prejudices? Racism is indeed a two-way

> street - one with nine lanes in one direction and

> one in the other.

>

> Hope you're OK Cles.

"Prejudice"??? Equality is - of course - prejudice.

Toffee Wrote:

> I was merely pointing out the fact that racism

> exists in all cultures. I?m sure you would agree

> that calling someone a ?white c..t is a racist

> remark. I do not condone racism in any shape or

> form. Thank you for pointing out that I used too

> many sentences. In future I shall do as you say

> and only ever post using one sentence. Shame you

> don?t follow your own advice.

Oh, that was "merely" what you were doing? Utterly disingenuous, the agenda you're pushing with your comment is perfectly obvious.

rendelharris Wrote:

> Toffee Wrote:

> -----

> > So sorry to hear this. I hope you?re not too

> badly

> > hurt. Racism is a 2 way thing I?m afraid. We

> only

> > ever hear of one side though.

>

>

> Four sentences when two would have done. Did you

> really think this is an appropriate time/place to

> air your prejudices? Racism is indeed a two-way

> street - one with nine lanes in one direction and

> one in the other.

>

> Hope you're OK Cles.

Holy sh*t, giant stick up your ass much? Try saying that to Toffee in person without looking like an absolute asshole. I doubt you would, so don't hide behind your screen to do it...

Cles, that is frightening! I am so sorry you were put through this. Please, please do take up SpringTime's offer in assistence and report it though, as allowing them to get away with this behaviour will just allow them to continue.

rendelharris Wrote:

> How interesting that you've just joined and that's

> your first comment. Pathetic.

Are you apart of any social groups associated with the East Dulwich Forum? I'm genuinely intrigued, little person hiding behind a big screen. Do you have the balls to show your face?

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

>

>

> Holy sh*t, giant stick up your ass much? Try

> saying that to Toffee in person without looking

> like an absolute asshole. I doubt you would, so

> don't hide behind your screen to do it...

>

RH is more than capable of fighting his own battles, and I'm sure he'll be along soon to respond to you, but I just want to make one point (at this risk of thread drift).

I take Toffee at their word when they say they do not condone racism in any form, and I doubt Toffee understands why the language they used can be seen as clumsy.

However, a phrase like this - "Racism is a 2 way thing I?m afraid. We only ever hear of one side though" smacks greatly of 'whataboutism'. In other words, while it is of course very, very true that racism goes in all directions, it's undeniable that the worst of it, by a country mile, is still white prejudice towards BAME people.

I don't think Toffee meant to deflect from or deny that fact. But it's a form of words that can give rise to that interpretation. I'm hardly a poster boy for political correctness and I have very little time for backwards-looking guilt trips, but it's really, really easy for a white person in this part of the world to forget that most racism, almost all of it, is directed against BAME communities, and it's still a big thing. Anyone who wants to point out that there are those from all backgrounds who engage in bigotry needs to do so a little bit carefully. Not too carefully, but people need to be aware that in some folks minds it's still the 1920's.

We've come so far from the institutionalised - and almost institutionally approved - views of yesteryear that we often forget there's still a long way to go. If we don't hear about other sides of racism, it's probably because there's so little of it, comparatively speaking.

Edit - And there he is while I type...

JoeLeg Wrote:

> Sounds like those two were/still are looking for

> trouble, and wanting to start it in any way

> possible.

... and for this very reason you should really report this attack, Cles. I'm so sorry for what you were put through. I can't believe it's 2018 and racism is still going strong - specially when we are being faced with real issues that effect every human on this planet.

Toffee Wrote:

> I was merely pointing out the fact that racism

> exists in all cultures. I?m sure you would agree

> that calling someone a ?white c..t is a racist

> remark. I do not condone racism in any shape or

> form. Thank you for pointing out that I used too

> many sentences. In future I shall do as you say

> and only ever post using one sentence. Shame you

> don?t follow your own advice.

Unfortunately the remarks from rendelharris are all too predictable. He/she is just trying to shut down any kind of balanced discussion. I'm surprised that the OP was not accused of lying because there are certain TRUE things that happen in this world that rh does not believe really happen since they are not in his/her realms of experience.

(I'm surprised that rh hasn't started a thread on the Corbin anti-semitism row....but then again.....)

peckham_ryu Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> -----

> > I'd report it and tick the "In my perception

> the

> > crime was a hate crime" checkbox - police are

> then

> > obliged to investigate.

>

> To be fair, the police are no more or less obliged

> to investigate than if you report being punched in

> the face for any other reason, or for no reason at

> all. Specifically reporting it as racially

> motivated gets it added to the relevant crime

> statistics, is the main effect.

>

> The legal implication is that the Courts must

> treat it as an aggravating factor when sentencing

> - but that?s about what happens in Court rather

> than what Plod recorded in the crime report.

>

> Anyway, appalled to hear there are thugs randomly

> punching folks in the neighbourhood. I hope they

> don?t play on your mind OP, you were so unlucky to

> be near these morons at the wrong time. Hope you

> recover fast and enjoy the rest of summer!

Yes - the word obliged was a wrong maybe but I think it's reports like the below I've heard in terms of prioritising where any hate crime is labelled as a serious offence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41633205

Anyway I'd say always report what you perceive even if it's corrected by people who may know better about these things - and because of the language used in this one I'd tick the box.

Thank you so much. Not one of rendell Harris post have ever been removed. This is the most disgusting site I?ve ever come across. All your interested in is the money you get from fake adverts. Ask yourself why you have lost posters in droves. Well done. And goodbye to your disgusting one sided so called forum