Problems with delivery of post?

Is anyone in the Barry Road/Dulwich Library area having problems with their post? The last time we had post was 3rd August. Although would not expect this on a daily basis, we generally get something every couple of days. Bank statements are not due yet but other important letters have not arrived. An Amazon delivery was due between 2 - 6th via Royal mail/GPO - no card left to collect from sorting office so emailed Amazon who confirmed that item was dispatched in accordance to dates and agreed to chase up. Couple of hour later parcel was delivered by man in a dark purple polo shirt which indicates non RM/GPO

This is a time of summer leave rostas, so many routes have posties who are covering another route as well, or who don't normally do that walk. We have had slightly intermittent deliveries. Nothing so bad as yours however. While the sorting office is still in Sylvester Road you can always call round for missing post. They open late on Wednesday evenings.

If memory serves it did happen before privatisation.

People have to have holidays and I'm pretty sure they didn't employ temps over the summer, just depended on overtime to cover annual leave.

I may be wrong but I don't think so.

The significant change in Post Office deliveries has been the removal of casual staff; this was a pre-privatisation move, if memory serves, and whilst it led to this sort of problem when covering summer rostas (or during e.g. a flu epidemic) it also meant that far more letters arrived not tampered with. When I was young (1950s) casuals were particularly employed at Christmas, when you could expect 3 domestic deliveries a day(!).

Overall I'd rather not get deliveries on a few days in the summer than find (as I did) my new cheque book intercepted and the cheques kited across Kent.

I am reliably informed that in the SE22 office there are currently 9 staff on annual leave, one person resigned and at least one is on long term sick leave. There are 4 staff who permanently cover for holidays, which leaves a net shortage of 7 people. Only a few staff are interested in doing overtime so some walks are not being done every day.

Pugwash and Singalto, you have the same Postie who is currently on leave.

Not wishing to depress people further, but staff have been informed that the proposed date for the closure of the SE22 delivery office is 10th September.

Staff will move into the SE15 delivery office and work two to a van doing two deliveries between them.

You are likely to have a different postie and receive your mail at a different time.

se22 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not wishing to depress people further, but staff

> have been informed that the proposed date for the

> closure of the SE22 delivery office is 10th

> September.

> Staff will move into the SE15 delivery office and

> work two to a van doing two deliveries between

> them.

> You are likely to have a different postie and

> receive your mail at a different time.

I personally don't care what time my post arrives.

But I do care about having to trek down to Peckham to collect packages which arrive when I'm out :(

I have had the same issue just received a fine for a traffic offence which was issued on the 28/06. I received the final warning for non payment on Saturday which was the first I had even heard about it so now it has gone from ?65 to ?195.

Very frustrating!!!