Scumbag playing loud music on Worlingham road

se22cat

Does anyone know which number on Worlingham is playing this crap EDM at full blast in the morning? I have a feeling it's the same person who used to do the same thing at night into the early hours a while ago before the council intervened. The sound of their rubbish music, along with annoying as hell bassline is making it over to our street and is driving me mad. I want to report it to the noise team before this becomes a regular habit.

Hi se22cat

It's the builders at 32 Crawthew.

I complained to the council noise team this morning, but, of course, they'd turned it off by the time they arrived. We'd already asked then twice to turn it down, but got no-where. It's not the first time recently. It's been bad enough all summer with the constant noise from machines, dust and smells as two houses are being extended without that racket.

It wasn't 32 today, but 68A (the one in the corner which had building work going on for 5 plus years, often blocking Crawthew) sometimes plays his music at full blast. So loud there is no hope of him hearing us shouting to turn it down.

Ah, well, whoever was the guilty party, they seemed hell bent on destroying their sub-bass unit...There's a fair few health professionals and others on Crawthew who work shifts. I know the very nice group of builders working on the White's former house (one of their sons spent a good 7 years or so doing it up, mostly by himself before selling, only to have all his hard work knocked out...)have been switched to a new lot, and the ones working on the house next door have been working in teams throughout the night and weekends for the last month or so, not very nice for the neighbours : (

Apologies for the rant!

se22cat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> and the

> ones working on the house next door have been

> working in teams throughout the night and weekends

> for the last month or so

Surely that's against some law or other, isn't it?

Sue Wrote:

> se22cat Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > and the

> > ones working on the house next door have been

> > working in teams throughout the night and

> weekends

> > for the last month or so

>

>

> Surely that's against some law or other, isn't it?

Yes there are rules about the hours and any dust should be contained. Also there are rules about excessive noise. They certainly are not supposed to work before 8am on weekdays and 9am on Saturdays or past 6pm on weekdays and 2pm on Saturdays- NO work Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Also if you complain then the Council want YOUR name and address...in the past builders were told the complainant's details- hopefully they do not do that now!

If the builders are working outside of 'legal' hours they are not professional licenced builders, therefore operating illegally, and probaly not have any indemnity insurance. If they are licenced reporting them can result in having their licence rebuked. Work taking place outside of 'legal' hours must be quiet, ie: painting etc.,

yard Wrote:

> If the builders are working outside of 'legal'

> hours they are not professional licenced builders,

> therefore operating illegally, and probaly not

> have any indemnity insurance. If they are licenced

> reporting them can result in having their licence

> rebuked. Work taking place outside of 'legal'

> hours must be quiet, ie: painting etc.,

Licence from who? What law requires a licence to be a builder?

It is not, in most cases, illegal to work without indemnity insurance, simply unwise (unless you are a taxi driver where driving uninsured is illegal). Builders are not licenced, although some will belong to trade associations (i.e. Federation of Master Builders) which require adherence to operating guidelines. Local authorities do have bye-laws which will set, e.g. acceptable times for types of building works (excluding normally emergency works to e.g. secure buildings) - and builders may be in breach of those and be prosecuted (very unusually). Builders must work within guidelines set out by local planners regarding technical aspects of build (outwith issues of planning permission) - Building Regulations. Additionally there are laws about treatment and removal of hazardous materials (i.e. asbestos). Unlicensed disposal of building rubbish (fly-tipping) is also illegal on public land and can be privately prosecuted on private land.

Penguin - That was my feeling. There are laws applicable to anyone doing building work (noise, waste disposal, building regs etc) and there are trade associations that might police members(but generally don't) and there are some parts of the trades that require specific qualifications (Part P, Gas Safe etc). But the idea that there is such a thing as a builders licence that can be revoked is clearly wrong.

Yes - I should have mentioned restrictions on working with gas or electricity without appropriate qualifications and certificates. (Not, however, I think plumbing, where neither gas or electrical work is required).

And of course builders (like any employers) are covered by Health and Safety regulations.