Burglars casing Woodwarde and Dovercourt roads

Hmmm interesting, about 7ish I had a young woman ring the doorbell and ask for sponsorship for a walk raising money for cancer research. I politely said no but a few minutes later I looked outside and did notice the black bmw going by slowly and thought she might have been in it.

Someone knocked here too saying she was promoting a campaign for a local hospital. It was probably about 5.30pm.

Her description : Early 20's, long wavy hair,well manicured fingernails,rather largish in stature. Afro/Caribbean.

May be unrelated as this was Hindmans Road area.

DovertheRoad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This evening...unusual car (black BMW) with

> occupant watching houses from a discrete distance

> between 5.30pm and 7pm. The last two weeks of

> August show a spike in break ins. Looks like some

> more coming up. Have reported to 101.

There's a dealer pretty near there. They could have been looking for him.

I also saw a black BMW sitting suspiciously on Townley Road three weeks ago (August 4th). It was around 2pm and the occupant was sitting there for 15-20 minutes. I watched him from my upstairs window and eventually did take a photograph, as he seemed to have no purpose being there. He drove off but looked me in the eye as he did.

Unfortunately, I didn't report it to 101 as I thought I might be paranoid. But now there's been an attempted break-in next door, so I really should have... Good news is I snapped the full number plate. Will report to police now.

Spoke to a Met forensics officer who came to my neighbour's house this evening. He confirmed they had tried to enter my garden as well by jumping over the adjoining fence. He said if you see the black BMW again, call 999 instead of 101 as we have clear video footage of the two criminal's faces. I won't reveal the whole plate, but the suspicious person I saw was in a black BMW with registration starting LR12. If you see it in the neighbourhood, please call 999 immediately and say it is a known suspect for recent burglaries. He assured me they will come straight away. Obviously, don't approach them!

Hi, this was not the same black BMW I noted in the OP. The one I observed was a soft top with plate starting LC18. For reporting 101 is not easy - very often 20-40 mins wait which discourages reporting stuff. But we have direct police contact via our roads residents association. I emailed him directly and they ran a check on the plate and got back to me next day - was impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
Woodwarde Road has a neighbourhood watch group, which alerts residents of things like this via email. Are you on the group? Well worth making the coordinatinator aware as they can let everyone know. It means we all collectively have one place to keep each other informed.