running on saturday

no MR, i'm doing greenwich in a few weeks time.

i've just got back from a run in the park though and i really don't like it. i tend to run around roads in the area which i love, but the park just turns me off. don't know if its because there's so many runners in there or the surface or something but i find it a really unsatisfying run.

?

/mytwopenneth/

jim_the_chin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i tend to run around

> roads in the area which i love, but the park just

> turns me off. don't know if its because there's

> so many runners in there or the surface or

> something but i find it a really unsatisfying

> run.

I hate that too, but think it's because you're going no-where, and it's not like you have achieved anything.

Considered joining Dulwich Park Runners?

If I get round within 24 hours I'll be happy! All smiles and waves will be much appreciated - if you see a flagging man with a ridiculous beard and glasses looking like he's going to throw up that's probably me.

Are you running MadWorld74?

chumasterp that's hillarious!!!! so I'm not the only one almost reduced to vomiting then when I run!!!

No I'm not running tomorrrow. I've entered myself into a 10k race in Regents Park later in this summer (shakes head in disbelief)...so I'm training myself up for that. Got a dodgy knee as well at the mo.

What time is kick off? I'll come down and wave/laugh at you all. Joking.

I'm running on Saturday. But only managing the 5K. My resolution was to do the 10K but it is just too long for me at the moment. Not a seasoned runner at all - but I try my best!

Yay! a few of us are doing it then. I'm doing the 5k too. hopefully my kids will do the fun run too as that can be a good laugh.

I agree about the general ED running misery though Madw. especially in Dulwich park! the other parks round here are much friendlier some folk even manage to grunt a hello when you run past then.

maybe we all save the smiles til the running is over. certainly that's when i feel happy

I stumbled across the line after an hour and two minutes (and two very brief pauses to deal with all the blood draining out of my feet).

I could barely crawl the few hundred yards to The Crown and Greyhound after that.

As I staggered round the course I did keep my eyes open for supportive forumites, but then I realised I would have no idea what they looked like. Shouldn't there be some kind of sign, like a rolled up trouser leg or something?

3 laps is 5k - one lap is approx 1700 metres, had thought of doing the run but breaking my toe at easter put a stop to that! V impressed at mightyroar's time - I can do 2 laps in about the same time and am hugely chuffed at that!!

thanks guys. i have been training a bit and it was worth it i think.

one lap is approx 1 mile. very slightly over I think

so 10k people you did just over 6 miles.

Hopefully your one in regents park 10k will have a more exciting route. I must admit that 6 laps of the park is not the best way to do 10k. a bit too monotonous.

Much more fun to run dulwich then down to peckham and round that.