Advice! Which roads have the largest dimensions...

Hello,

We just got gazumped on a property our hearts were set on in Underhill road. Awful situation with a dodgy estate agent. It was a 2 bed flat and was nearly 800sq ft. Everything else I see has much smaller dimensions.

Does anyone know which roads I should be focusing on or is anyone looking to sell a spacious 2 bed with a garden? We have a very healthy deposit and our mortgage is approved.

Thank you for any information you may have, advice, or leads!

That's annoying. This is slightly vague but we walked past a flat at the Goose Green end of Crystal Palace Road yesterday, for sale and part of one of the bigger houses. Hubbie was thinking it was the whole house and was curious as to how much they are but when he googled it, it was ?650K so obvs a flat. Many of the roads around here are a mix. Somewhere like Underhill and immediate surrounds have predominantly big houses. Elsewhere roads can be a mix of larger and small properties.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - we are selling out flat - https://www.housesimple.com/property/view/96772 It's a large 2-bed (796 sq ft), recently refurbished to a very high standard. We have accepted an offer from a buyer who has not sold their property yet so we are not able proceed, yet the agent has taken it off the market? Please do get in touch with us if you're still looking.

What?s the point of accepting an offer from a buyer then still actively marketing the property through an agent - you?ll lose the buyer in an instant as anyone can check whether that property is for sale still !

Also - why not contact the buyer to let them know you?re actively trying to sell to other people because you don?t want to be dependent on their property disposal.

SpringTime Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ED_local_JM's buyer is still for sale though, so

> they can't proceed and if they accept less than

> ideal for their property their offer might not

> mean much anyway.

But this half-way house isn't doing anybody any favours, is it?

Either you accept somebody's offer and take the house off the market until they are in a position to go ahead, or you don't.

ETA: Or at the very least, you are honest with the potential buyer and say that if somebody comes along who is able to go ahead straight away, you will pull out of the deal you had with the first person.

I'd be really upset if I thought I was going ahead with a purchase (assuming all concerned thought I could easily sell my own place) and the seller suddenly pulled out.