Attempted break in on Danby street

janiece

Dear all

This afternoon around 1.30 I was home and heard a noise which sounded like it was coming from my property.

I looked out my bedroom window to see a man standing in my front garden looking suspicious.

He then walked out of my gate and stood outside it and then had a sip of his drink.

I then decided to get my phone to take some pictures of him, as I reached for my phone the noise became louder and more intense I could then hear my gate being broken and it also sounded like they were getting closer to gaining access to the back of the house. I then opened my upstairs window and shouted out Oi!!!

Suddenly I saw the man re appear from the blind spot where my side gate is. He was afraid and ran jumping over my front wall. At that moment i threw a glass lanten at him which caused a loud sound as it smashed, then I saw a second man run from the side gate I threw my other lanten at him. He also fled running down on Danby street towards Bellenden road where they turned left. Witnesses have said that there was three of them, one who was waiting on a bike. Two were on one bike as the other ran on foot. Their description was 3 white males around 5ft10 medium build, fair coloured skin one wearing a grey woolen hat a black top and light bottoms I think they were grey bottoms, the other was wearing a black cap,black top and light coloured jeans.

Another witness saw them sitting on my front wall talking to each other before they decided to get to work.

Thankfully I was home and I was able to stop them from taking anything and from causing more damage to my property as well as me and my young child not being hurt. If I was downstairs I would of opened the door and they would of been beside me.

This really frightened me but im feeling better now. We have a house alarm but the side gate/fence is not alarmed we rely on bolts and heavy duty padlocks. We are now looking into upgrading this ASAP

Please ensure that you lock up your back gates and remember to close all your windows at night and when you leave out on a morning. If you have a car please double check that you have locked the doors too. I have woken up some nights hearing noises only to see out of my window men walking up and down the street checking all the cars that they walk pass.

These rotten thiefs have no respect or regard for our personal possessions that we work so hard to get including our sentimental posessions.

Every now and then my door will knock and when i answer it no ones there. I believe that they check whos home.

Please keep a look outcand inform and remind neighbours.

Take care

Janiece

Janiece, this sound like the same (or similar) group that have been loitering and moving in and out of gardens all the way from Camberwell Grove through Wilson Road, Graces Road etc. and down the streets adjacent to Warwick Gardens. If it's the same group they've been seen by a few people and hopefully reported by all. MO involves 3-4 members, 2 sitting on front of house walls looking like they're involved in building/decorating etc. Looks normal. Other member/members move to the back of said house or neighbouring properties. Keep an eye out.