any ED pubs open on the 25th?

hoser

Forgive me if this is a dumb question (this is my first Christmas in England), but I have heard rumours of some pubs opening in the afternoon on Christmas day and was wondering if any local ones would be open. Have a friend in town for only a few days and don't imagine sitting at home all day, but without public transport would be limited to walking distance. Any suggestions? Thanks.

More importantly, is ANYWHERE open in the evening? Christmas evening is so bloody boring, wish there was somewhere to go drinking!

Will have to get a mate to have a party. We always used to have our own session locked in the CPT, but those days are gone :'(

C'mon, Keef, in the circumstances, thought you'd offer to have an 'open house'at yours on Christmas evening, you could brew some mulled wine, crack open some cans, pop some champagne, dish out the twiglets, maybe even a bun in the oven......

(congratulations, by the way)

Not sure if this counts as ED, but the Dulwich Wood House was open last year on Christmas Day - you could call to check if it is the same this year. We had planned to walk there through Cox's Walk but then it pissed rain all day so we didn't end up going.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I always go to the Dog (12 -2pm) on Xmas day out

> of tradition but I'll also be stepping into

> Hoopers on Ivanhoe Road later as they are open

> from 12 - 3pm.

Oooh - nearer home. I'll be seeing if I can come to that, I'll have a baby, a wife and two old ladies in tow! :D

Hoopers will be open from 12 to 3pm. Children are allowed in with well-behaved children. I note that Ratty said he couldn't find any pubs open on Xmas evening, it is prohibited in the Licensing laws to open on Xmas Evening.

Hope to see some of you then,

Merry Christmas!