public toilet

macutd

Some places in the area are part of the public toilets scheme (not sure what it's called) including the library. I don't know if the loo in the reception of the leisure centre is part of the scheme but it's certainly available to just walk into and nobody has ever questioned me on doing so.

It seems that it is NOT Southwark Council's policy to provide Public Toilets.

Peckham is a good example. There used to be three public toilets off of Rye Lane.

One in Melon road.

One behind the Station

and underground toilets at the top of Rye Lane at what was once The Heaton Arms.(Heaton Road)

Over the years they have all been demolished.

There were toilets on Peckam Rye where the old lido was. Now a nursery ??

It would seem they are too expensive to maintain and is more profitable to get the Police

to monitor people who get caught short and urinate in the street and Fine them.

Goose Green would be a good spot.

There are a few events throughout the year where toilets really are needed.

instead of having to cross the road and use The East Dulwich Tavern.

DulwichFox

This request for loos is not new = back in the early 1980s, the 3 Residents Associations NARA (North Cross Area)

PARA (Pellatt area) and BARA (Barry Area) campaigned for a public loo in the North Cross Road area - a site was identified (near the electricity sub station) but Southwark Council refused. We were informed that people could use the local pubs and cafes.

In the 1950s and 1960s there was a toilet in the Goose Green Playground for children to use. I think it may have been there until the 1970s as have a vague recollection of my eldest child using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Southwark provides public lavatory at thE Dulwich Leisure Centre, soon to be open new Grove Vale Library, Dulwich Library.

Some boroughs run a scheme to encourage private businesses to open up their lavatories to non customers. We clearly could do with a couple of such facilities on Lordship Lane.