Planning Permission for the Silvester Rd Post Office

RdeN

Dear all,

Many of us have been impacted by the change of address of the Post Office in Silvester Rd. I have just yesterday received a planning permission application (18/AP/3271) to comment on which will replace the site with a new 3 floor building and asking for comments until 10/11 (yes, about 10 days from now).

The permission doesn't even show documentation relevant to the works (so no one can see what is actually planned). For my family this will be a disgrace. We recently moved to a property on the side of the post office and part of the reason we bought the property was because of its privacy and the sun which now seemed to be compromised.

Despite that, I also think the overall community has been impacted not only by the move of the post office but also the sudden creation of a bunch of new flats in a very small and comprised area. (you can actually find comments in this forum about the struggle it is to go to Peckham and queue for one hour every time a parcel is not delivered).

So I would like to ask your help on 2 things:

1) any advice on the process to object to the planning permission. Anything will be helpful - from people who went through the process to how the council usually takes the objection process, etc.

2) if you feel you are personally impacted by this change to object as well. I will update this thread as I find more details with how you can actually do this.

Many thanks,

R.

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The obvious position would be for as many a

> possible to object unless the scheme includes Post

> Office Delivery Office for people to collect

> parcels, etc that Royal Mail failed to

> successfully deliver.

Surely these are separate issues?

The work being carried out in the delivery office was moved from Silvester Road because the office wasn't fit for purpose. This was due to the increase in the number of parcels and packets having to be dealt with there.

An East Dulwich delivery office which is actually fit for purpose doesn't have to be on the same site as the old one! It just needs to be in a convenient place in East Dulwich, and not in a Peckham office which apparently can't handle the workload either!

The plans submitted propose to keep the Victorian facade on Silvester Road with a 3 storey apartment building behind and 3 houses to the rear facing Pellatt Road. The proposals don?t seem too bad, could be a lot worse. Whilst it is essential that East Dulwich has a collection point for undelivered mail in the area, trying to incorporate it into the new development by objecting is a non starter and, in the unlikely event that planning consent is given on this condition, will be overturned on appeal.