Underhill Road > Kings Cross

NewSlang

Does anyone commute to/or have good travel tips on getting to Kings Cross on weekday mornings/evenings?

Currently taking the P4 to Brixton then Victoria line.

Have considered 363 to Peckham > London Bridge > Northern Line - but this seems ridiculous.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Pretty certain From Peckham Rye you can get a train straight to St Pancras in the mornings and evenings. (approx 25 minutes)

Or the train to Victoria is pretty quick then get the Victoria Line up.

I always use 63 or 363 to Peckham Rye. Or depending where you are on Underhill the 12 or 197 from barry road.

I'd recommend cycling too - back streets / park and cycle superhighway make it not nearly such a daunting prospect as it was a few years ago. 35-45 mins and you are in control of your departure times much more than public transport.

Otherwise another option is to cycle to Peckham for the direct train to St Pancras (or with one change at Blackfriars - a step across the platform you get a few more departure time options).

There are only a small number of Thames Link trains from Peckham Rye that now go as far as Kings Cross in the mornings since the new time table debacle. Many (most) stop at Blackfriars and you have to change to continue further. Not a major hassle as its normally only the opposing platform but choose your trains carefully! Fine once your are on one but it's not a particularly comfortable experience and very very busy (but you get there in the end as I do every morning!)

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> East Dulwich to London Bridge, then get one of the

> many Thameslink trains running to St Pancras from

> Platform 5. A little slower than direct train from

> Denmark hill, but much more reliable and pleasant.

>

>

> Otherwise, cycle to Brixton and get the tube, or

> cycle all the way.

?------------------------------------------------------

Cycling FREE Easy and cheaper way of traveling

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Can't imagine the police can do much about suspected casing of houses - sadly they don't seem able to do much even when thefts have been caught on camera. But no harm reporting - they supposedly use this data to direct future resources.
    • Hi My name is MONA and I am a bubbly fun skilled professional CHILDREN’S ENTERTAINER AND MAGICIAN FOR CHILDREN OF ALL AGES. I offers full interactive magic shows , balloons , bubbles games and more. My parties are tailored to suit the theme of the special day and they are totally personalised too. I make your child's party unforgettable ! Email me for details at : [email protected] www.SuperFunParties.co.uk Instagram:   @super_fun_parties YouTube: SuperFunParties TikTok : @superfunparties
    • We are a local architectural practice based in East Dulwich, offering a full suite of services including design, planning permission, interior design, and project management. Our projects span residential, retail, and commercial sectors throughout the city. With over 12 years of professional experience, we possess deep expertise in planning, design, and construction, including work on Grade II listed buildings and in Conservation Areas. Get in touch if you have a project in mind and we would be happy to discuss.  Email: [email protected] Phone: 0790 843 8040 (William) Leaflet-A4.pdf Phone Number: 07908 438040 Email Address: [email protected] Website: http://www.studiohei.com View full listing
    • Hi Everyone   My aunt had a horrible fall at East Dulwich station last Thursday on 11th April.  She has suffered significant injuries and was helped by 2 kind passers by whom we would really like to thank. We also want to know if anyone saw her fall/ knows what happened as my aunt cannot recall and it would be useful for her family to know in terms of future planning.  If you are or know the passers by who assisted, called paramedics and comforted her, please do reach out - we would love to thank you.  Equally, if you happened to be there or see what happened please message and let me know.   Thanks
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In