Spate of break ins in and around Crystal Palace Road

Beej

I just wanted to make people aware that our car was broken into on Tuesday night on Crystal Palace Road near the Great Exhibition and a bunch of replaceable stuff stolen. That was followed up by last night them coming back for more and breaking into our shed stealing our bikes etc. Yes, we have CCTV, yes it was captured on film, yes both incidents were reported to the police. No, they are not interested in pursuing the case... quote

"We are sorry to hear you have been the victim of crime. An investigator from the Metropolitan Police has looked carefully at your case and we are sorry to say that, it is unlikely that it will be possible to identify those responsible. We have therefore closed this case."

surprised how fast they close the case - less than 24 hours. Anyway, so I'm just letting everyone know who lives in and near Crystal Palace Road area, there are shady people casing the neighbourhood who appear to know exactly what they're targeting with possible car/van getaway vehicle flanking the operation (this surmised by the video and a bunch of other similar break-ins in the area).

Both instances took place around 3/4am, and robber(s) were not in slightest bit put off by security lighting or visible alarm box illuminated.

The Great Exhibition was also broken into a few weeks back, so just be on guard and do what you can to secure your space. I've attached a couple of images - not that I imagine it will help much, I wouldn't normally add these if the police were actively investigating. But if you do recognise him I suppose you could report it to the police's "cold case division" :)

In summer 2017 I provided the police with (good) photographs of one of the scrotes breaking into my next door neighbour's house (and a poor picture of his accomplice) and another neighbour noted and supplied the car registration of their get-away car - however this was never taken further as the driver of the car was not one of the people I photographed. You do wonder just how much evidence needs to be provided by passers-by before action is taken. If they can't manage red-handed they really don't bother, it sometimes seems. We did get the anti-terrorist squad turning up (late) for this break-in - they'd got bored on a stake-out in Brixton based on mistaken information and answered the shout to do something with their afternoon.

ryelane Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can I ask what make of CCTV camera are the images

> from please ? V good quality.

Hi ryelane, our electrician chose it and installed it for us it's called iVMS-4500 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ivms-4500-lite/id441697527?mt=8 yeah it's great quality - those are just stills you should see the actual HD video of the burglary I could make a feature film out of it. We also use the Ring video doorbell too.

Scrummymummy Wrote:

> So sorry this has happened Beej. Our neighbours

> also had their garage broken in to a few weeks

> ago, all bikes stolen. We are the south end of

> Dunstans Road. They then saw them on gumtree a

> week later, but police said they couldn't do

> anything about it!

Very sorry to hear about these cases.

I don't understand the lack of police interest/action in either of them.

Is it that the police are too busy pursuing more "important" crimes to bother with mere thefts, even when it seems there would be a good chance of catching the thieves?

Is there some new policy to ignore thefts, due to the Tories' slashing of the number of police?

Or what?

Because it (obviously) seems to me that the thieves have no incentive whatsoever not to continue with their thieving if they know that the police won't investigate it even with CCTV evidence and even with evidence of where the stolen goods are being sold.

Just another indication of the disintegration of society and the world, I suppose. Sorry to be negative.

My car was broken into on CPR in September - it was outside the swimming pool (as I can never park anywhere near my home on CPR) and broken into overnight. They didn?t take anything as there was nothing to take just broke my passenger window. So very annoying especially as it was raining all weekend and I couldn?tget the window replaced until the Monday. The police weren?t interested either.

If you're insured can't you ask the insurance companies if they are in contact with the police or if they make a private investigation (like our banks do).

Maybe it's all done hush hush with the insurance companies to get the head villain ?

If the OP is using IVMS-4500, the cameras are Hikvision. Resolution can vary and they also do a very good low light camera for night viewing. PM me if you want anymore info!

ryelane Wrote:

> Can I ask what make of CCTV camera are the images

> from please ? V good quality.

• 2 weeks later...