No buses running through lordship lane

sweetgirl

Yup, this morning things were fine, apart from a 15 minute delay either way at Elephant and Castle, still a thing at 12pm, looks like some kind of protest plus apparently there was a crash earlier.

Buses now on diversion as OP said and no signs on either bus stop in Goose Green, bloody TFaiL

Funny thing is the antics of the protest just led to a ton more fumes in the atmosphere with all the buses, cars and heavy goods vehicles idling while the prats pranced about making everyone's life a misery and endangering a few lives as there were ambulances stuck with their sirens doing nothing due to the gridlock this morning. Absolutely pathetic and misguided behaviour!

I caught at 185 from Denmark Hill at 3pm today - the driver was unaware of the LL closure, and only discovered it when we got to Goose Green roundabout, where there is a diversion in place.

Is there any news on how long LL will be fully closed for buses? (You'd think they might at least keep one lane open during the peak times.)

se22cat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Funny thing is the antics of the protest just led

> to a ton more fumes in the atmosphere with all the

> buses, cars and heavy goods vehicles idling while

> the prats pranced about making everyone's life a

> misery and endangering a few lives as there were

> ambulances stuck with their sirens doing nothing

> due to the gridlock this morning. Absolutely

> pathetic and misguided behaviour!

It may not look so pathetic and misguided if/when we become extinct because nobody did anything in time to counteract climate change.

I was held up at the Elephant on a bus today because of the protest, but I support them wholeheartedly.

To the best of my knowledge emergency vehicles were being let through.

These people are not "prats prancing about". They are people who care about you and your childrens' future and are trying to get others to see the danger we are in as a species and as a planet.

Well said Sue. Prepared to bet the majority of drivers briefly held up kept their engines running whilst complaining about the pollution it was causing. Standard car driver logic. Of course on days there aren't brief protests London's traffic flows like water and the cars emit Chanel no5...

It really pissed Jim Davidson off, that's good enough for me.

The protesters made sure all emergency vehicles were allowed through and an LAS spokesperson on the radio said there had been no significant delays.

I was due to meet a friend in Lordship Lane yesterday and was aiming to get a couple of buses but then decided to drive in as read Sweetgirls post. Came into Lordship Lane from Melbourne Grove around 11.30am and it was shut from the Goose Green roundabout up until the Townley Road area. Cars were still driving up and down but no buses. Seemed so empty and surreal!

Left through Barry Road around 2.30pm and the 176 and 185 were driving along there as probably being diverted.

There are no buses running along Lordship Lane between Goose Green and Dulwich Library from Monday to Thursday this week during the day as the resurfacing work continues.

Same diversion route again via East Dulwich Road, Peckham Rye and Barry Road.

This time it also includes the P13.

Well this morning around 8am I saw 176 stopping at the plough going towards goose green so I and others thought the diversion was off. The 185 stopped for a while at upland road stopand then decided to turn down Barry road. No signs at the bustops. I think TFL could be clearer and consistent. It is really annoying.