Forum Sponsors

Pure View Carpentry Ltd
xxxx
Glazer Delmar

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Attn councillors: Has Southwark council cut litter pickers?
Posted by Nigello November 29, 04:15PM

I wss referring to the litter looking aged which suggests that it had been hidden by leaves or not picked up for a long time.

Posted by Monkey November 29, 05:24PM

Ok get it. I agree itís bad. And having lived there for 10 years this never used to be the case. Itís not the school children. Itís literally a couple of households being stupid.

Posted by wonderwoman November 29, 07:29PM

There are obvious consequences of the reduction of cleaning for one the increase of vermin and foxes in the area. On another thread there have been reported links to cat killings in the area. One poor young cat died of his injuries recently I was told which was really sad to hear. Foxes are becoming more brave and fearless of humans, especially with their growing numbers and young to feed.

Posted by Penguin68 November 29, 11:26PM

On another thread there have been reported links to cat killings in the area.

I think the 'link' was to secondary predation on cats already killed or severely injured following (car) accidents. There has been no suggestion that foxes are primary predators of cats (kittens, possibly). The reason why we have urban foxes is that there is ample food for them, without them needing to attack large domestic animals such as cats or dogs. Injured cats (not involved in car accidents) are more likely to have been injured by other cats or by large dogs.

Posted by spark67 November 30, 07:10AM

Last week there was a guy with a leaf blower clearing our road, only thing was he was just blowing it into everyones front gardens, I just watched amazed as I was coming down our path and as he was going a long swaying his blower and as he got passed ours he blew a massive pile onto my pat ... it just made me laugh at the cheek of it (though I had to sweep it up later) 😂

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum