Motion Detection Light Crystal Palace Rd

Hi all.

One of the houses on Crystal Palace Rd with a garden facing onto my back window on Ulverscroft Rd has an incredibly bright and invasive motion activated light on its rear wall. The light points directly out at our property, and flashes on frequently during the night, lighting up all the bedrooms in my house. Is anyone else aware of the issue? I'm having trouble distinguishing which house the light belongs to, but it is really becoming an issue as it is now constantly on.

Thank you!

Why not write a polite letter and copy to all the houses you think might be the problem. Say that the light is being regularly triggered and points into your windows. I'd guess the sensor might be picking up fox or other animal movement (which the user probably doesn't really want) and it may not be lighting up their property properly (it should be directed into their garden, not against houses). If you are polite and helpful (even suggest they might want to come and see the effect from your windows) then maybe they'll cooperate. Better to start friendly. A friend recently had a break-in and was severely traumatised by it. That may have happened to them too.

ulverscroftresident Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi all.

>

> One of the houses on Crystal Palace Rd with a

> garden facing onto my back window on Ulverscroft

> Rd has an incredibly bright and invasive motion

> activated light on its rear wall. The light points

> directly out at our property, and flashes on

> frequently during the night, lighting up all the

> bedrooms in my house. Is anyone else aware of the

> issue? I'm having trouble distinguishing which

> house the light belongs to, but it is really

> becoming an issue as it is now constantly on.

> Thank you!

As the offending light is on a house directly behind you then of course you will know which house it is -

they are small gardens along there, one on one.

What is it you want anyone else to do?

Is this a searchlight you are describing? They are possibly away after fitting a light as a burglar deterrent

and you could be blowing their cover. Blackout blinds are cheap and no one will be climbing in your windows

late at night that's for sure.

I had this problem with a local school. Their playground security light penetrated into our bedroom like the light of a bright sunny day. It was torture. I rang them up. They didn't know, they adjusted it and they even wrote me a nice apologetic letter.

edcam Wrote:

> Not very helpful Dutchman's Uncle. I used to live

> next door to someone who had one of these in a

> place that didn't bug them but bugged me. I had a

> word and they changed the angle and everyone was

> happy. Try talking to them.

edcam, your reading comprehension skills need improving

What an odd post. Your comment was very unhelpful and this further comment shows that you're quite an unpleasant person and possibly quite a troubled soul. My suspicion is that you've been here before under a different name. Your days may be numbered again....

TheDutchman'sUncle Wrote:

> edcam Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Not very helpful Dutchman's Uncle. I used to

> live

> > next door to someone who had one of these in a

> > place that didn't bug them but bugged me. I had

> a

> > word and they changed the angle and everyone

> was

> > happy. Try talking to them.

>

> edcam, your reading comprehension skills need

> improving

edcam Wrote:

> What an odd post. Your comment was very unhelpful

> and this further comment shows that you're quite

> an unpleasant person and possibly quite a troubled

> soul. My suspicion is that you've been here before

> under a different name. Your days may be numbered

> again....

Yep, looks like third time around for this one, the pomposity and needling style is quite distinctive.

I'm going to choose to ignore the rudeness of 'The Dutchmans' message because they just want the attention. I cannot identify the house as I am not familiar with the layouts of every house and back garden on the street. Black out blinds aren't an option, and the light is shining directly into the windows. I'm going to take the advice of the pleasant contributors to this post and ignore their unhelpful vitriol.