Xmas presents for local children in poverty

Does anyone know of any means of getting Christmas presents to local children who might otherwise go without? I know in some towns they have Christmas trees with wish lists in shopping centres, where local children can request presents.

Failing that, I guess the Copleston Centre would accept gifts?

I really want to do this as well, my work used to run a scheme for tower hamlets kids where John Lewis has a gift list.

Does anyone know of anything like this you can do rather than having to take them somewhere? Or else something that has a super local to Se22 drop off point? Its just a pain dragging the kids along but I know I?m being a bit lazy. I was wondering today if the church at Barry Road May need presents?

At my work we wrapped 40 empty shoe boxes in Xmas paper, and filled each box with gifts (toys, clothes, stationary, books etc.) We then delivered them to the Camden Home Start branch as that was the branch closest to work. They wanted everything in boxes so that they could easily open up the presents to check what was in there.

Home Start Southwark is based in the Albrighton Centre - May be worth it to contact them to see if they also accept and distribute Xmas presents?

http://www.homestartsouthwark.org.uk