Verbal Abuse/Threatening Behaviour on Hillcourt Rd

Ronnijade

Was anyone witness to the verbal abuse I suffered earlier on today between 1400 and 1420 by a delivery driver/courier? He was an asian man, English accent, ear piece in ear, perhaps late 20?s to mid 30?s, bearded, and EXTREMELY aggressive.

I politely told him I couldn?t take in a parcel for my neighbours (we were in a rush to get somewhere but that?s beside the point), then asked what he had said when he went on to mutter swear words under his breath. He then immediately proceeded to ask me ?I?m speaking to my ear piece. Do you have a f*cking problem with that?, and aggressively chased me down my own road when I asked him what the hell was wrong with him (I had a child with me), He got into my face as if he were going to hit me (and I?m certain he would have if I had talked back to him), went on to call me a fat c*nt three times, continued to use explicit language until he left and told me to ?keep f*cking walking? while following me all while I had my 12 year old little brother with me. This is disgusting behaviour and I was left extremely shaken up by it, and was therefore unable to take down his license plate in time, though he made sure to disappear in a very timely manner after it all went down as a few neighbours came out. I know at least two other people witnessed this as a lady approached me afterward and asked if I was okay.

I obviously want to report this man to his company and see that he?s reprimanded ASAP, but that?s hard to do without knowing what service he was with, nor his license plate.I?m not too sure how to follow up on this and therefore am here asking for advice from you lovely people... :(

forgive me for asking but... after all of this (above posting and time on your street) exactly why didn't you have the less than 30 seconds needed to take the parcel and put it on the inside of your door? I amend that to 10 seconds

You seem to have plenty of time to try to destroy someone's livelihood.

Please do not construe this to in any way at all condone improper words or abuse of any sort at all.

I take packages all the time for neighbours if I am in which includes on my way out.

Have a great xmas which, as we live in an entirely commercial world, relies on the delivery of goods on viciously overcrowded streets.

Enjoy ripping me to shreds on my lack of understanding that you are hard done by and need to get back to finding this man to get him reprimanded or, better, fired.

mynamehere Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> forgive me for asking but... after all of this

> (above posting and time on your street) exactly

> why didn't you have the less than 30 seconds

> needed to take the parcel and put it on the inside

> of your door? I amend that to 10 seconds

Sometimes I refuse parcels when I know I wont be in for my neighbours to collect them. It's frustrating when a neighbour (kindly) takes a parcel in and then isn't around for days on end, in those cases it would be better to refuse delivery and have the courier redeliver the next day.

mynamehere Wrote:

>

> You seem to have plenty of time to try to destroy

> someone's livelihood.

>

This is quite a bizarre way of looking at things.

You don't have to accept parcels on behalf of your neighbour and to be honest there's a million ways to get things delivered conveniently that unless you've pre-arranged it I don't think it should be the default option.

Secondly she's not destroying his livelihood, he's done that himself. All he had to do was write a note chuck the parcel in the back and drive off. He's not exactly getting paid for successful deliveries is he?

alex_b Wrote:

> mynamehere Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > forgive me for asking but... after all of this

> > (above posting and time on your street) exactly

> > why didn't you have the less than 30 seconds

> > needed to take the parcel and put it on the

> inside

> > of your door? I amend that to 10 seconds

>

> Sometimes I refuse parcels when I know I wont be

> in for my neighbours to collect them. It's

> frustrating when a neighbour (kindly) takes a

> parcel in and then isn't around for days on end,

> in those cases it would be better to refuse

> delivery and have the courier redeliver the next

> day.

I'm the same - if I'm going out for the night (as I often do) then working in the morning then they're better off not leaving it with me.

I do try and take it and carry it over if I can.

In this case I'd just find the courier service - google the CEO and write a letter of complaint then forget it (fire off your arrows then don't worry about it again). Sometimes I get a nice letter back saying they're sorry for my hurt feelings - but by then I've moved on.

mynamehere Wrote:

>

> someone's livelihood.

>

It seems to me this delivery person has gone a long way to destroying his own livelihood, surely.

There is no obligation to collect another person's parcel.

mynamehere Wrote:

>

> someone's livelihood.

>

> Please do not construe this to in any way at all

> condone improper words or abuse of any sort at

> all.

>

> I take packages all the time for neighbours if I

> am in which includes on my way out.

>

> Have a great xmas which, as we live in an entirely

> commercial world, relies on the delivery of goods

> on viciously overcrowded streets.

>

> Enjoy ripping me to shreds on my lack of

> understanding that you are hard done by and need

> to get back to finding this man to get him

> reprimanded or, better, fired.

I too take packages in for neighbours all the time, but there are perfectly good reasons not to - including being in a rush - it's not obligatory, you know.

On this person's account the driver called her (I'm assuming it's a her from the username) a fat c*nt several times, put her in fear of physical violence and followed her down the street, all in the presence of a twelve-year-old child, for quite legitimately refusing to take in a parcel, as anyone has the right to do - and your sympathies are with the driver? You say you don't condone such behaviour, but your apparent belief that it would be wrong for him to face any sanction for this atrocious behaviour would appear to suggest otherwise.

mynamehere Wrote:

>

> someone's livelihood.

>

> Please do not construe this to in any way at all

> condone improper words or abuse of any sort at

> all.

>

> I take packages all the time for neighbours if I

> am in which includes on my way out.

>

> Have a great xmas which, as we live in an entirely

> commercial world, relies on the delivery of goods

> on viciously overcrowded streets.

>

> Enjoy ripping me to shreds on my lack of

> understanding that you are hard done by and need

> to get back to finding this man to get him

> reprimanded or, better, fired.

I can?t believe you?ve had the audacity to post this. I won?t even bother with an in depth reply back to you, thankfully others on here have already pointed it out to you that taking in a parcel for someone else isn?t obligatory ? and for not doing so (for a perfectly good reason!) you somehow believe it was okay for the courier to deliver s tirade of abuse at me and act in an aggressive way all in front of my 12 year old sibling? Hell, even if my brother wasn?t there his behaviour is still appalling and should have never happened.

You?re warped, love. Have a great Christmas.

The language described is outrageous. I did not witness this event. We all get packages, it is also outrageous not to help your neighbours. And yes they get left at mine without being collected I have no idea why. I take them to my neighbours. And yes, I have a full life. None of this takes more than one or two minutes. The last time I looked it is officially a season of joy and charity which begins at home. Merry Christmas one and all.

I have no idea how this topic has turned from a man verbally assaulting someone for something as silly as NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE IN A PARCEL, to ?you should have just taken it in because it takes one minute.? Ridiculous.

If anyone was wondering, the reason I initially wasn?t able to faf about with signing for parcels and putting them back into my house (and not cluttering them into the communal hallway) was because we had a bus to catch within three minutes, and time was of the essence. Of course, that all went down the drain eventually anyway.

Ronnijade Wrote:

> I will further state it is not my responsibility

> to collect my neighbours parcels, and politely

> declining to do so for ANY reason does not warrant

> a full grown man to act aggressively toward me.

> Y?know, if you needed that clearing up at all.

Quite right...what finished me being neighbourly was when a neighbour came and asked if I had his parcel and I didn't....

mynamehere Wrote:

> The language described is outrageous. I did not

> witness this event. We all get packages, it is

> also outrageous not to help your neighbours. And

> yes they get left at mine without being collected

> I have no idea why. I take them to my neighbours.

> And yes, I have a full life. None of this takes

> more than one or two minutes. The last time I

> looked it is officially a season of joy and

> charity which begins at home. Merry Christmas one

> and all.

No. The OP was, apparently, verbally and physically abused in front of a young child in a quite atrocious fashion for refusing to do something for which she has no obligation, and for which her personal circumstances made it difficult. Don't try to conflate some gobshite about seasonal goodwill with excusing a delivery driver calling someone a fat c*nt and threatening them in front of a young child. I find it quite extraordinary that, on the basis of the evidence presented, you think this is acceptable behaviour.

mynamehere Wrote:

> and all.

Maybe try actually reading the OP before ballooning up in righteous fury?

Also, Mr Pedant notes that your point about charity beginning at home contradicts the rest of your post.

mynamehere Wrote:

> and all.

Some delivery people are taking the "neighbor" thing too far - my delivery got put in another block about 10 minutes walk away (must have been delivering there next).

Our Amazon deliverer has given up and just leaves things on the communal staircase :)