Dog barking near Upland Road

AbiL

Hi all,

We live on Upland Road (right opposite Piermont Green) and most evenings for several hours (between 7 and 10) can hear a dog barking nearby. We think it's possibly Friern Road or Underhill Road but really are not too sure. Does anyone nearby hear the same barking and know where it's coming from? It sounds like the dog is either being left alone or ignored and to hear it barking for so long can be quite upsetting. I'd like to approach the owners to see if any assistance is required, we have a dog and would be willing to pet sit for a few hours if that was what was needed to keep the dog company.

Thanks.

Hello there

Yes I can hear the dog (last two evenings). It used to occur a couple months ago and then stopped but agreed that the poor dog sounds either unwell or distressed or both. I believe there was a previous thread on this and someone mentioned that the council were unwilling to help without an exact location specified.

At this point does anyone else have clearer idea of where the noise is coming from? I'm the junction of Goodrich and Barry (side away from Lordship).

• 2 weeks later...

I think it must be the same dog disturbing everyone around Overhill/Underhill Rd as we are all being disturbed at 6ish and then the same dog barks intermittently throughout the day (more barking than not though!). Am fairly sure the dog lives on Overhill Road very near Overhill passage. I am going to email the council again this week. I suggest perhaps if they receive a few emails they may take the issue more seriously so would be very grateful if you (and others being disturbed)could contact them as well.

The phone number for the noise team (24 hours/day and they should respond quickly) is 0207 525 5777 and the email address is [email protected]

Alternatively notes through the doors of where you think the dog barking is coming from? If they receive more than one then they may stop letting the dog out into the garden at 6am and take it for a walk instead perhaps? :)

• 2 weeks later...
No this is not the same dog - Dog on Overhill was a police rescue dog (trained to bark) and its new owners had no idea it was barking when they went out as it loves being outside more than inside and were horrified when I told them how annoyed were all were last year, but I only worked out who they were a week ago. they had no idea there was a thread going last year about it and were lovely when I spoke to them, they did have a behaviourist working with the dog to help them adjust it as they were trying to stop it barking when it went out in the morning, but had no idea of the other spurts during the day, so maybe we should've just knocked on their door last year and saved ourselves all that stress? Anyway we do have a new problem as there is now a quieter, presumably smaller dog that barks in the mornings and from about 5 at night and that seems to set the others off. I can hear it yapping away and then I can hear the other dogs barking back at it.i used to have dogs and if there is another one already barking, it is near impossible to stop the others from saying hello as well, so if we want it to stop we need to let the owners know of the yappy one know as well. It sounds to me like it may be in a backyard nearer to the cemetary on Overhill/Underhill. Anyway if you do have problems with the louder dog - owners are totally approachable and were gobsmacked that it had been so bad when they were out, they are home on and off during the day, so let them know as they aren't on the Forum...and the council was nice but useless when I contacted them...and if anyone can identify the smaller dog perhaps have a friendly chat or note so that doesn't go on for a months as well?