Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care
xxxx
https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageJamie Smalinsky barbers FH Road
Posted by malumbu January 11, 05:02PM

Has he closed permanently? News please!

messageRe: Jamie Smalinsky barbers FH Road
Posted by mac4 January 12, 10:13AM

I certainly hope not but, looking inside, the sofa and chairs have all been removed and it looks cleaned out. I hope its not connectd with the very unpleasent incident he suffered a few weeks ago. He was attacked outside on the pavement by a man with a hammer and knocked unconcious. Police attended and arrested the perpetrator and an ambulance took the barber to hospital. He was back at work after that seemingly ok but it was obviously a shocking experience. I hope he has not suffered further.

Posted by JoeLeg January 12, 11:54AM

Oh that's awful! I usually get my hair cut by Jaime, haven't been for a couple of months but was planning on going soon.

To be honest I'm not surprised if he's gone - he was saying that there's more competition in the area, and rents are an issue (like everywhere around here). I can imagine his bottom line was getting pretty squeezed. If he's decided to pull stumps I kind of hope it was a business decision and not the result of something more sinister, though it's a loss of another 'traditional' business.

Ah well, the inevitable march of change...

Posted by ontheRye January 12, 12:43PM

Unfortunately, Jamie has thrown the towel in after the incident mac4 mentions above, which was the culmination of a period of harrassment by the perpetrator whose hair Jamie had cut but wasn't happy with it
During my last hair cut in mid Dec, he said that he no longer felt safe working on his own; ever increasing rents etc, didn't help either
It's a real shame as he had been there for many years and will be missed

Posted by Sue January 12, 02:26PM

ontheRye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately, Jamie has thrown the towel in after
> the incident mac4 mentions above, which was the
> culmination of a period of harrassment by the
> perpetrator whose hair Jamie had cut but wasn't
> happy with it

This person must surely have been mentally ill?

Posted by malumbu January 13, 12:46PM

Thanks for letting me know, that is a shame.

Posted by Nigello Yesterday, 06:02PM

I feel very sorry for the barber, whose shop I have been to lots of times and where I always had a good cut and pleasant chat. And yes, "trendy" barbers are on the up - for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was yesterday, 10:12pm by Nigello.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum