Cat run over by number 12 bus

This morning one of the road estate cleaners came and informed me that my cat was dead by the side of the road. This was on Heaton Road. When I went to see I was horrified to discover she was still alive but in an awful state, by the time she was taken to the vets she was dead.

On my way home from the vets I was standing by the road where she was discovered, only to be informed by a stranger that he had seen the whole thing from his window. He informed me that it was no 12 bus that had run her over late last night, and that a couple had picked her up and placed her by pavement. I am so distressed to know she had been lying there for hours in agony before she finally passed away.

I want to thank those that helped me, but also want to say if animal is found like this, who do you call for help? Its not right an animal is left to die in agony for hours.

Also cheers to the bus driver who killed my kitty.

MarleyLover, i?m so so sorry to hear this and understand your distress. 100% agree that you don?t leave an animal like this. Sending you all my love.

And just to add that if anyone finds a cat injured or dead, please take him to a vet for goodness sake. Even out of hours. Or call RSPCA, PDSA or Celia Hammond.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Are there 24 hour vets?

Yes, two in the SE London area:

The London Animal Hospital

7 Kenbury St, Camberwell, London SE5 9BS

Tel: 020 3816 1010

South London Emergency Veterinary Clinic

23 Streatham High Rd, London SW16 1EX

Tel: 020 8677 0976

So sorry to hear this, you must have been distraught to have discovered her suffering.

I'm trying to think what I would do in this kind of situation, probably google 24 hour vets, call for advice

and then I guess jump in an Uber with the animal.

Good to know about the Camberwell vet, as that isn't too far to dash to.

I can only imagine that the couple who picked her up thought she had already died, but who knows.

Hello Marleylover, i am so sorry to learn of your lost. Your post really upset me. Infact I have my moggy laying on one of my arms as I type this, ans I could not understand for one moment life without her!!

The good thing is, your little one is now free from pain and looking down at you. I know you will treasure the good moments you both shared with each other. I can only assume that it is not that we live in a uncaring world, but that people simply do not know what action to take when a cat is injured in the early hours of the morning. This thread will alert others.

Lots of cat hugs for you XXX