Springers Wine Bar Closing after 23 years.

Bry59

Springers will be closing after 23 years, Brian and Jackie would like to thank all the loyal customers and friends for their patronage over the many happy years we have spent in the area.

We have sold the business and our last day will be the 23rd December.

It is with great sadness that we leave all the wonderful memories we have enjoyed at springers but feel the time is right for us to retire and move on.

Thank you

Brian & jackie

Sad to say I've not been in for a few years now but do remember many good times in there. Wonderful food, excellent wine and always good atmosphere. I sincerely hope you enjoy your retirement. You've certainly earned it. I can't beleive it's been 23 years, it's gone so quickly. You'll be sorely missed. Best of luck to you both.

I went in there for the first time a few weeks back and the food was really nice but I was the only person in there with my friend. It's been empty every time I've been past too. I was supprised it was so empty because the service and food was really good. The owners obviously love food and I think it is sad that the more formulaic eateries seem to have taken their business.

I hope you have a well earned rest and sold it for enough to keep you comfortable and thanks for a lovely meal.

Sorry to hear this. Like others, I used to be a regular but hadn't been for a long time, I suppose mainly because of eating out less (kids) but also perhaps because with more restaurants on LL the main strip got all the attention at your expense. Delays in building the new community hospital haven't helped you. Really hope that your successors try to live up to your traditions. Thanks for many good memories.

Needless to say, I am totally depressed over Brian and Jackie leaving. We had many special events there including our son's 18th birthday party, wonderful dinners and lunches including Valentine's Day, cast parties, Christmas parties, and I continued my weekly burger fix up until this week! Where will I go from here??? We will all miss you and your lovely decorations for each holiday. Let's not forget the gorgeous Springers. Thank you for 23 years of fabulous food, wine and service, and great chats. You always made us feel special.....