Lordship Lane Veterinary Surgery - Any good?

trinidad

Thumbs up for The Neighbourhood Vet on LL - never had any issues with them and have been using them since they started in Peckham Rye. They did a great job on one of my dogs who was viciously attacked towards the end of last year - I found them to be professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

We used to go to Ellie at Norwood Road Vets near Brockwell Park. She was really really amazing but with no car now we switched to Lordship Lane to make life easier. They seem fine, lots of nice young vets, very efficient and yes, expensive. It feels different from a small practice with only one or two vets but our experience has been positive so far.

Do you mean the Neighbourhood Vet at the old HSBC near the Co-Op or Medivet that used to be Lordship Lane vets further up towards Forest Hill?

It sounds like the former, in which case I can highly recommend them, they were so caring and professional in dealing with my poorly cat, especially Amber. Sometimes a bit less sharp on the admin side but good customer service always made up for it.

I have also been with Medivet/Lordship Lane vets previously who were OK but I had a generally much better experience with the Neighbourhood vet.

I recently made the decision to change from my long established relationship with a vet. I contacted Neighbourhood Vets and London Animal Hospital and went with the latter, even though further away. They responded to my on line contact by phone and e mail and I have recently had to use them and whilst it is a different feel from a smaller practice, very satisfied with the vets I have been in contact with. Also, I have taken into consideration they are not only a vet practice but also open 24/7 so for me, better to have everthing under one roof as opposed to going to an emergency service either in Streatham or them and then having all mailed to one's vet when they open but it is a personal choice. Never heard from Neighbourhood Vet at all and free tea and coffee is neither here nor there. Parking isn't that easy either but know people who are happy with them. Ultimately, vets charges are much of a muchness and one has to go with gut feeling and of course, plenty of chats with dog owners.

They were very honest with me after I had wasted a lot of money needlessly prolonging the life of a very poorly animal with another veterinary practice. So although they may be pricey, they don't overcharge. They were also really kind and supportive.

I moved from The Neighborhood Vet to Ellie in Norwood Rd ,Herne Hill .

One of our cats has a skin problem which the NV were unable to resolve after many v expensive tests and a v expensive prescription .I was defeated by seeing a different person each time and by being given conflicting advice eg bath skin with salt water v.absolutely don't do that .

Ellie is marvellous and sorted our cat out immediately .