BT line problem

ontheedge

s anyone having problems with BT at the moment, I have no landline, internet etc. for last 2 3 days coincided with trying to connect to new fibre broadband so thought i?d done something stupid. Anyway rang BT outside fault! Anyone else having problems?

If you are changing over your service I'm afraid that it is all too likely that the fault has appeared as a result of work within a cabinet or other flexibility point to achieve this. If you have seen inside the cabinets you will know they are a mass of wires and connecting points and it is all too easy for work in the cabinet either not to be fully connected, or for connections to be disrupted by other work going on (they are known as working-party faults, and in the 70s accounted for 25% of external local loop faults). Moves by BT over time has been to 'nail-up' the network as much as possible to remove flexibility - as this (whilst clearly of economic benefit) was generating faults.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Interesting; I got nothing, but connected to a

> friend's connection of NotBT. Yet the hub be

> blue.

> Edited to add, It came back. Hope it does for you

> too.

Sometimes that has happened to me, but it was something temporarily gone amiss with the WiFi connection to my laptop.

It happened again at the weekend. Easily sorted but annoying nevertheless.

• 2 months later...

I have been with BT at 2 different addresses in East Dulwich. since 1980. 39 years.

Have had virtually uninterupted sevice in all that time.

A couple of outages which were dealt with almost as soon as I discovered them.

In July 1991 access to the Internet was implemented by the BT network

I've been using the that service since 1999 ish 20 years. Maybe a little earlier.

BT Broadband is a very reliable service.

I am getting 56.3Mb/sec Download and 18.16 Mb/ sec Upload which I am happy with.

I worked for The GPO / BT for 26 years. and elsewhere in Telecoms for a further 14 years.

I'm happy to stay with BT.

DulwichFox

BT's customer service is absolutely appalling.

Both in my experience and in those of others I am aware of.

However good their actual broadband may be, I have no wish to engage with them ever again.

I've already moved my mobile contract.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/phone/bt-make-customer-services-listen-complaint/

BT in top three most complained about providers for fixed broadband (for which obviously you need a BT line) and in the top four most complained about for mobiles.

So - fine if nothing goes wrong.

Not fine if something goes wrong and you have to contact their dreaded customer service.