Shocking items for sale on North Cross Road

dulwichmum

OHMYGOD! I have just been into the pet shop on North Cross Road, to purchase our puppy a Christmas gift. Would you believe that they are selling genuine pigs snouts/noses?

Both of my poppets are completely traumatised. I shall be lying down for the rest of the afternoon.

Has anyone any thoughts about vegetarian pet foods?

you should try these www.mocksnouts.com

'A tasty and ethical alternative to real pig snouts, the finest organic root vegetables diced, shaped and baked in a hand cranked solar oven, glazed with honey crafted by bisexual buddhist bees with nostrils lovingly poked out with a Linda McCartney vegan pepperami'

Years and years ago my father acquired a walking stick made from a Bulls Pizzle. And, as one does, I took it to the pub with me one night as a conversational piece. What intrigued me was how a couple of women friends there knew instinctively what it was and gave me a wide berth - at least I think that was the reason...:-S

OHMYGOD! I am repulsed by the pizzle suggestion, but the dog is tearing up the sofa and at least they are not recognizable like a freeze dried pig snout. Where could I buy a "pizzle"?

Lovely SimonM, is there any characteristic smell that may have frightened the ladies away?

The best place to start if you're looking for a bull pizzle is, obviously, a bull! They used to be quite popular with farmers, and you'd have to look closely to realise that the "stick" was made of no ordinary..uh...wood.

I really don't think there was any smell to the thing - it was quite old. It's just that women of breeding and gentility tend to have a kind of 6th sense about such disagreeable matters....

You do realise that these things have a thin metal rod down their centre for - ah - assisting rigidity don't you? So you may incur astronomical canine dentistry bills if you buy one for your yapping fashion accessory....:))

And remember...a bull pizzle is not just for Christmas!