5th Feb 11am - avoid Woodvale Horniman area. Road closed

Ginster

From TfL "LORDSHIP LANE, SE22: Buses are diverted in both directions due to emergency waterworks on Lordship Lane. Routes 176 185 and 197 are diverted via Barry Road, Peckham Rye, Forest Hill Road and Honor Oak Road, and buses are unable to serve stops between Dulwich Library and Horniman Museum. Route 363 is diverted via Honor Oak Road and buses are unable to serve stops between Wood Vale/Forest Hill Road and Lordship Lane/Wood Vale. Route P4 is unable to serve the Lordship Lane/Wood Vale stop. Route P13 is unable to serve the Grove Tavern stop."

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just to add Lordship Lane is closed in both

> directions from Grove Tavern to the Horniman.

>

> Technically I think that stretch (which is the

> A205 South Circular) is London Road.

London Road starts at the junction with Wood Vale. P4's seem to be going up Lordship Lane towards the library.

Not helped by the idiots driving on the wrong side of the road through the ?road closed? signs, to discuovet the road is indeed CLOSED [who would have thought it?]. Cue lots of three point turns, including from an articulated Screwfix lorry which got stuck. Police motorbike rider on scene as of 20 mins ago to help with traffic control.

I watched people drive down Sydenham Hill this morning - discover no right turn (road layout means that?s only option) so they took a left. Unfortunately that meant driving into the green filter lane for oncoming traffic trying to get up the hill. As Wood Vale is open, there were a few. The mind boggles 😳

I think you are both right.

Yes to have to turn left normally. But now you need to turn right in front of the Horniman towards Forest Hill.

But the road layout means it?s difficult to turn right which probably explains why the articulated lorry mentioned above had to turn left and do a three point turn.

?Total gridlock as @thameswater?s tri-annual water feature on London Road rips up the tarmac and forces traffic onto the Horniman Heights."

copied from

P13, P4 - LORDSHIP LANE, SE22: Routes P4 and P13 are diverted due to emergency waterworks on Lordship Lane. Route P4 is diverted via Lordship Lane, Barry Road, Forest Hill Road and Wood Vale, and is unable to serve the Lordship Lane/Wood Vale stops. Route P13 is diverted via Lordship Lane and Barry Road, and is unable to serve stops between Underhill Road/Melford Road and Friern Road.

363 - LORDSHIP LANE, SE22: Route 363 is diverted due to emergency waterworks on Lordship Lane. Buses are diverted northbound via Honor Oak Road and buses are unable to serve stops between Wood Vale/Forest Hill Road and Lordship Lane/Wood Vale. Buses are diverted southbound via Honor Oak Road, London Road, Dartmouth Road and Kirkdale, and are unable to serve stops between Wood Vale/Forest Hill Road and Horniman Park.

176, 185, 197 - LORDSHIP LANE, SE22: Routes 176 185 and 197 are diverted via Barry Road, Peckham Rye, Forest Hill Road and Honor Oak Road due to emergency waterworks on Lordship Lane, and buses are unable to serve stops between Dulwich Library and Horniman Museum.

To be clear, the lorry was coming from Forest Hill on the South Circular towards East Dulwich - he and at least 10 other cars drove around the "road closed" signs by the petrol station, and again by the Sydenham Hill turning, then got stuck just before the road works opposite Wood Vale (i.e. on the other side of the road). Total idiots.

The right turn from Sydenham Hill seemed to be working ok other than the fact that people were ignoring the road closed signs the other way.

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

> Phew ! Thought I'd really lost it then .

>

> Can anyone tell me the 197 route heading south

> from Peckham to Croydon .Is it missing Barry Rd

> and going up Forest Hill Rd and along Wood Vale ?

176, 185, 197 and 363 are using Honor Oak Road.

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

> "But now you need to turn right in front of the

> Horniman towards Forest Hill."

>

> when you say turn right in front of the Horniman

> are you talking about traffic coming down Sydenham

> Rise ? Sydenham Hill joins the main road well

> before the Horniman if I recall .

I mean Sydenham Hill, turning right by the Horniman Play Park towards the Horniman museum. It?s a tight right-hand turn because of the road layout and traffic lights.