Man stabbed killed lordship lane / East Dulwich grove

HelBel65 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Terrible news.

>

> I was a bit taken aback to hear Andrew Castle on

> LBC this morning referring to ED as ?a rough area?

> where you ?really have to watch yourself? Maybe

> he?s right after this.

I heard that too. He referenced it being near Camberwell and said something like ?you have to watch yourself down there? so I get the impression it was a bit of a generic ?south London?s dodgy? type comment rather than anything based on his knowledge / impressions of ED specifically.

• Administrator

Before this thread goes off on one:

Any witnesses, or anyone with information, should call police on 101 quoting CAD 1048/10feb. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. If you were in the area ay the time and remember anything tell the police.

Please remember this is an ongoing enquiry, please do not post anything that may jeopardise it.

(Cross-post from my own thread)

Hi all

I am really devestated to hear the news of a fatal stabbing on Lordship Lane, in Goose Green ward. I am sure many of you will have seen it in the news.

Here is a statement from the police.

?

A man has died following a stabbing in East Dulwich.

Police were called at approximately 02:35hrs on Sunday, 10 February, to reports of a man stabbed in Lordship Lane, near the junction with East Dulwich Grove, SE22.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended.

The victim, believed to be aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene at 03:04hrs. Formal identification and a post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.

Road closures remain in place around the scene.

Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.

There have been no arrests at this early stage. Enquiries into the circumstances remain ongoing.

Any witnesses, or anyone with information, should call police on 101 quoting CAD 1048/10feb. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111?

We councillors are in touch with the police and the council. I will provide more information when it is available.

Please be very wary of posting any information on here or in public as it could jeopardise the ongoing investigation.

Best wishes

James

snoopy17 Wrote:

> Andrew castle is right it is a rough area nothing

> fancy, inbetween Peckham and Camberwell. only

> rich people consider it a posh area, its nothing

> special to everyone else.

ED is nothing like in between Peckham and Camberwell, they're both north of it. If anything we're between Herne Hill and Nunhead. Furthermore, it's nothing like a "rough" area - I've lived in some in South London, including Coldharbour Lane when the Yardies were in full control and shootings were commonplace, there's no comparison. Tragic events like this morning's just point up how rare they actually are in this neck of the woods, and there's no need for everyone to go overboard as they did on the (thankfully now deleted, good shout admin) other thread about this.

Hey snoopy17 - why such a miserable attitude to this place that most on this forum are pleased to call home and raise our children in? It's not a rough area (and not in-between Peckham and Camberwell - a quick check of google maps will tell you that). In the 24 years I've lived in ED, and the 60+ years ,my husband has been here it's never been 'rough' - London is becoming a brutal city to live in and this later incident is just a consequence of that. Im not rich (I wish!) but this area is very special to me, because it's my home. This is a forum for the people of ED, if you don't like the place and consider it nothing special then please feel free to go live somewhere 'special' instead - Im sure you and your miserable negative attitude would be warmly welcomed in some special place ... somewhere.

snoopy17 Wrote:

> Andrew castle is right it is a rough area nothing

> fancy, inbetween Peckham and Camberwell. only

> rich people consider it a posh area, its nothing

> special to everyone else.

Someone got murdered last night. It?s a tragedy regardless of the surrounding circumstances.

Using that as a springboard for your venom is despicable.

Obvious troll is obvious. And stupid.

Lived in Camberwell, Sydenham, Forest Hill, Catford, in 'rougher times'. I romanticize about Brixton when it was front line. Loughborough Junction was about the worst. But never felt unsafe. Gone are the days of brawls outside of the pubs on a Friday or Saturday night. Hardly even get approached for drugs any more (last time was Deptford). Queuing for the 363 at the Elephant late evening can feel a bit tasty, but nobody is bothering me.

Feel more vulnerable in Bromley - more because it has a territorial feel, but probably just lads our for a few drinks and on the pull reminds me of the blood baths in Abingdon where I lived in the 80s on a Friday night.

Hopefully this is a sad and isolated incident. There's been shootings down the road and in Brockley but don't fear for my life when I go there. I've questioned the misuse of 'Blitz spirit' in terms of Brexit but events like this can bring communities together.

And much much better that my few weeks in Havering/Harold Wood. That was depressing.

This thread just sums up why people think this forum is a joke and that most East Dulwich residents are a bunch of pretentious arseholes, a man has been brutally murdered for no reason. This man has a family which will be absolutely devastated and some of you are more concerned about a comment made by Andrew castle.