Dog Barking All Night - Friern Road

KBFrancis

Did anyone else hear the incessant dog barking in the middle of the night towards the Peckham Rye park end of Friern Road / Henslowe Road? We hear it a lot but it actually sounded like it was locked out last night. Its annoying but also as a dog owner, quite distressing to know a dog has been left out in the cold. It also sets our dogs off and then they need to be let out at god knows what hour.

I honestly don't think we've had a full nights sleep since we moved here 2 years ago (and we came from living in a first floor flat in Clapham on a busy road!). Between that and the huffer and puffer who jogs down the road at 5am and the people having full blown conversations down the street at god knows what hour. So much for moving to our dream home :(

Have you tried noise-cancelling headphones? I tried an expensive pair of Sennheisers in a store the other day and they're amazingly effective. They make ones specially designed for sleeping in too. The good ones are pricey but surely well worth it if damaging your quality of life so badly. https://www.nosleeplessnights.com/headphones-for-sleeping/

Please report this to the RSPCA. We had a horrible upstairs neighbour who hated our dog and reported that we left her for 16 hours barking and they took it seriously (until we could prove we hadn't thanks to the dog/nanny cam!) They recommend dogs shouldn't be left alone for more than 4 hours at a time and it sounds like your neighbour is definitely breaching this.

As for the interrupted sleep, I can't recommend these earplugs enough. I work shifts including weekends and nights and since moving to ED was losing my mind over constant broken sleep. These are a lifesaver: https://www.boots.com/boots-pharmaceuticals-soft-silicone-earplugs-pink-3-pairs-10112955 (they have similar ones off Amazon and in sainsburys but I find they don't work as well)

oh my goodness, thank you! We are literally done in with the lack of sleep - and we don't even have any kids (yet!). We do love ED and its miles better than Clapham but we didnt expect it to be so noisy. I'm getting the earplugs today and will let the RSPCA know. I cant prove what house it is as its dark and the middle of the night - but the poor thing was out again last night although must have been let in at some point.

If those earplugs don?t work I can recommend Howard Leight Max Lite ones (green colour). You can buy a big bag on Amazon cheaply and they?re the best I?ve ever tried - I?ve tried most! I think they might be used in industry. The brand makes ear defenders etc.