Dos Amigos (TexMex)

SaveShambo

Does anyone know if the new incarnation of the Tex Mex (Dos Amigos)is part of a chain - I dont want to start another riot re. chains etc, but i have noticed a few of these places springing up with exactly the same fascia. One has just opened in north kent near my office, which seems an odd expansion plan. I guess they will have also binned the stuffed crocidile too - wished they'd had an auction, those sombreros were awesome.

It is still dead tacky but better than it being estate agency chic, all plastic and clean sans serif fonts like most places. I suppose they could try to make it look properly classy but that would be a bit silly for a tacky tex mex. It adds a bit of colour. Like vomit on a station platform.

Dos Amigos is a chain for sure.

They currently have branches in Clapham/Battersea and one in Beckenham High Street.

I have been to the one in Beckenham a couple of times after having been invited by friends. The food isnt bad but generally its not my preferred cuisine. But you couldnt fault the place really. It's been there about 3 years now and seems to be doing quite well with the locals. Many friends go regularly for parties and also just for drinks (they have a huge cocktails menu) and have never complained.

We shall have to wait and see what happens with the ED Branch.

The Mexican in Herne Hill delivers to SE22 - it wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten but I never went back

I doubt the new LL place will deliver food but going out for even a mediocre mexican is usually a good night.

On a slightly related note - I popped into the Vale at lunchtime last Friday (yes yes I know..) and had their chili. The opposite of the gloopy-red-over-sweet chilis pubs normally serve it was decidedly lush and I will be going back for more. There, I said it...

Took the missus there a few years back (she's Colombian) and she was not impressed with the food as she would know good Latin American cooking better than most. I always thought the food they served was O.K but seeing as I didn't get any action that night it looks as though I was wrong.