I gently licked the soft sugar from her ....

AllforNun

Brenda, no import duty they have this really weird system, they employ people who come in really early, 4am ish and they actually make stuff on site...i know .... blows your mind does'nt it !

Hey Ratty when do you think the DOB was........? maybe someone in Ayres knows better !!!

Totally agree, beautiful cakes... people come from miles around to buy cakes and bread from Ayres.

AllforNun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> .......Still warm case and bit into the best Mince

> Pies for miles. Ayres in Nunhead i salute your

> mince pie making heritage.

Oooh get yoo Konditor & Cook...... was it that Blue and orange signage or the lines of workmen waiting for their sausage roles and coffee that made you think, "hey it's Konditor and Cook" ????.........er ..........well.......step into the chemist 3 doors down squint and you can think .........."mmm fortnum & mason's...lovely"

I miss Ayres as I used to get my bread there but due to getting a bread machine off the lovely lilly123 from this here forum, I only go to Ayres now for cakes. And not often. But the girls in there can be SO SULLEN. But then so can customers! Then off to the fish shop then AG Flowers and I really feel I have contributed to me local businesses and feel all good. And broke.

AfN, I didn't actually think it *was* Konditor & Cook... I was just trying to explain that I was expceting very nice cakes, given some of the rave reviews on this forum. And the cakes I bought were pretty bog-standard. It's just my opinion, I'm glad others like it... each to their own and all that.

I have not been to the delightful chemists yet, but I may check it out this weekend. If you see someone in there looking rather confused and squinting a lot (carrying a whole dolphin in an FC Soper bag), please be kind enough to direct them towards the little boxes of coloured macaroon things.