Posties - you gotta laugh! (Lounged)

tomdhu

I put the brown recycling bin out early Tuesday as has been the case each fortnight for the last few years. Got home Tuesday night and saw that it hadn't been emptied out. Thought the collection might be running late, so left it out again on Wednesday. Got home later that day and noticed it hadn't moved an inch.

Went inside the house, picked up the mail and noticed one of those 'Sorry, you were out' notices from the postman with a litle message written on Quote 'Pkt is in your brown bin' UNquote.

The packet turned out to be a box containing the kids Christmas prezzies from their auntie.

Would you call that luck or something else?

I have to say I don't trust anyone who works in the mail delivery system anymore, my sister (rather naively on her part) thought that if she put money in my card for my birthday, and made it recorded delivery it would somehow reach me safely, I told her she would have had more of a chance of just sending it under normal post in a brown envelope, as recorded delivery of a card is generally red rag to a bull as the workers within the mail system know there is going to be money in it, it arrived at mine wrapped in plastic with a note on it saying that this was how the card had been sent and that it had been tampered with!!! I then quickly phoned my sister who then confirmed that she had put ?100 in the card rather stupidly thinking it would be covered by recorded delivery, and that she had been sent it via a post office counter and handed it over to the tiller, I immediately chased the postman down who said I'm afraid that is how it arrived at our depot, good luck on finding out who the culprit is.......... I said it could have only been someone within the post office who committed the theft, yes theft, not just some perchance happening upon a wad of notes on the floor, he said all that will happen is that the matter will get bounced back from department to department as each one will swear blind that is the state it arrived at, he said next time maybe used registered post as it was insured then. So yes I agree with you they are crooks, but it didn't stop me making an official complaint which got me nowhere and I was bascially sent a letter that said had I sent it in the correct manner this would not have happened, I said it must be nice to know you employ such upstanding honest members of society in your company and basically my sister got the same from her neck of the woods, as if that is the normal behaviour of normal people faced with the mind blowingly difficult challenge of being honest.:(

Oh they're all thieves! The card said the package was in the bin, but the bin was empty! No! Oh it was there! It wasn't stolen! Perhaps a regular postie knowing the day of recycling collection on his round took a calculated risk in doing one of his residents a favour, by them not having to trudge down to the sorting office that's always getting slated for being crap. Give him a nice Christmas box! ;-)

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > This thread would tie in nicely with 'thieves in

> east Dulwich', I'd sooner take a valuable package

> to the local Gypsy camp than leave it in the care

> of the post office!

xxxxx

And your point is what exactly? Glad to see you're spreading goodwill etc to all this festive season.

Oh no, my mistake, you're not. You're spreading prejudice and hate. Oh well.

bigbadwolf Wrote:

text removed - The Administrator

xxxxxx

That's a bit like saying all the posters on this forum are bigoted, prejudiced, stupid arseholes just because one or two of them are, naming no names of course.

(6)

The stories that I could tell you ranging from Northants thru' East/West Sussex and particularly Surrey and Kent concerning certain Comminities:)...most pleasant being the "Community" who moved to Abbey Wood recently and the locals "Garden Gnomes" disappearred en masse within 2/3 days:)

Remember speaking to a 65-year-old very successful Businessman once who views,I will NOT repeat here apart to say that he had the most begrudging "admiration" possible for Members of a certain "Community"...he said "I do not care if U R Richard Branson you will NOT beat these Guys!"...told a great story about a recent Premiership Football Club hiring these Guys for their Tarmacking!:)...They thought the bill should be 2,800(roughly) but it was 28,000 lol..they did not read the small print and got their measurements confused somehow but 28,000 had to be paid for their 2 days work!

Another 63-year-old from North London told me exctly the same a few weeks ago(and like the first Guy he is a self-made Multi-Millionaire)...the giste of what he said was "give these Guys the widest of births"...another 47-year-old told me last week about all the "scams" from these Guys at Epsom Derby Meetings in years gone by(stopped now by printing details of any bet on tickets which is a recent innovation)

the usual brew of tittle-tattle, gossip and innuendo then TLS

"A guy told me.." - well let's not question that source shall we?. And what were 2 self-made millionaires doing employing gypsies anyway, if they are so well know to be trouble?

Interesting culture, the gypsies and whilst no-doubt there are members of their community who are as prone to criminal activity as well... anyone else from any culture, I don't see that gives anyone the right to tar them all with the same brush

Although I suspect we can now expect to hear about "the #1 online website for gypsies, read what their prominent posters have to say about us working mugs" etc etc

Glad to see Admin removed the post - haven't seen anything quite so bile-filled since I saw the headline on the Daily Star last week that immigrants have taken EVERY SINGLE ONE of our jobs since 2001 - still even that paper of note managed to avoid such wanton name calling.

As Sean points out, there are criminals in every walk of life - I'm a nice privately-educated middle class girl (well, woman) who pays her taxes and doesn't drop litter, but out of my 10 cousins, I think 7 of them have been convicted of criminal offences. Does that make me a thieving arsehole?

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> the usual brew of tittle-tattle, gossip and

> innuendo then TLS

>

> "A guy told me.." - well let's not question that

> source shall we?. And what were 2 self-made

> millionaires doing employing gypsies anyway, if

> they are so well know to be trouble?

You do not realise how polite I am being Sean so I'll be a bit straighter!

Show me a 50-year-old experienced Business Person who has dealings with all Communities from time to time and find ONE in London who has a good "collective" word to say about these Guys(of course there are exceptions as in any rule!)

The first "Guy" was/is a Director of the Football Club has just bought a ?7 Million place in Marbella and does no his Business and I can't repeat what he thinks after a LIFETIMES dealings with these Guys...

The second one who has made a fortune in Car Rentals then owning 100 properties in North London and also Bookmaking in the halcyon days told me they are 3 things= "Wily,cunning and dishonest"...HIS words NOT mine and that is after a LIFETIMES Business knowledge. He also told me a scam they recently pulled on an unsuspecting naive young 28-year-old Guy to get ?6,000 out of him(buying a scrap metal van and havuing his own "pitch" guaranteed Guv'nor...

My M8 told me only last week that they threatened to destroy the Betting Shops at Kempton Racecourse after an altercation over a bet that was,er(lol) ambiguously written down:))....any Bookmaker at Ascot/Epsom/Lingfield will tell you endless stories of "problems" with these Guys who claimed to back Winners in the "pre-printed ticket" days when it could NOT be conclusively proven whether they were right or not....invariably it was the same group of Guys at each Track...

Anyone with a LIFETIME's Business experience in the REAL world will give you similar anecdotes(only the names and faces will be different....politically INcorrect but ruddy well true:))

I WILL say something for these Guys though "collectively" there are The BEST friends,the most loyal friends that you could wish to have...there are also the WORST of enemies NOT to be on the wrong side of as you will have the whole family against you and many of these Guys are rock hard,truly rock hard.