Black Cat found in roof on Henslowe rd

robmcm

We have just recovered a young cat from a roof in Henslowe road.

http://www.pixelbox.net/stuff/photo.jpg

Our neighbours from the flat she was recovered from has been away, but came back to the cat sticking it's paw through a light fitting it removed.

The cat is young, short haired, mainly black with white paws and nose, suspected female and very thin.

We think it has come up a chimney judging by soot on it's paws, and could be from any house on the terraced side of the road.

We have called the RSPCA who are going to collect the cat tonight or tomorrow, but if it's yours please let me know by responding to this topic.

Thanks

Rob

Dear Rob,

im a journalism student from LCC Elephant&Castle and im currently working on a story about pets being abandoned aver christmas

for my course and i wanted to ask if you might be willing to give me a short interview about your issue as it seems to be one example for what im writing about.Its unbelievable what people do to their animals these days regardless of christmas which should be the time of good will for everyone!Im still waiting to hear back from battersea cats&dogs home for an interview but they already told me that my chances of getting to talk to an official are very small so it would be really good if you could find some time these days.

my email adress is:[email protected]/mobile phone:07958602870

I really hope the owner gets in touch with you soon to save this cute little thing from ending up in a shelter..

Thank you very much!

vronie

I live in Henslowe Road and have had a leaflet through the door from a neighbour regarding her missing cat. I think that this might the one, I seem to remember the leaflet saying the kitten had a red collar. The neighbours name is Michelle but I cannot remember the house number, 79 rings a bell.

The RSPCA came this morning and were let in by our neighbour to collect the cat.

When they were putting up some posters someone came out and informed them it belonged to a neighbour, who seems like the one you described.

So apparently she is back with her owner and all is well! Unfortunately I was in a meeting and couldn't really talk to the RSPCA lady, and as she called from a unknown number I don't know any more.

If anyone knows anything else, please let me know.

vronie85 if you want to send me some questions via email I will try and get them back to you, but sounds like she escaped and wasn't neglected :)

Thanks

Rob

Dear Rob!

thanks for offering me to sent you some questions.Im happy to hear that the cat is back with their owners, statistics show that less than 50%of all animals found can be reunioned with their owners and as the shelters are full some of the pets which cant be rehomed might have to be put down according to RSPCA.

if you give me you email adress i would be pleased to sent you a couple of questions,shouldnt take you long to reply..

thanks a lot your really helping me out with this!

and to everyone else out there who has got a story to tell&would be willing to talk about this subject please let me know-many thanks.

vronie