Missing Slide at Goose Green Swings

Nooooooo - tell me it's not the green one with the pirate rigging up the side? That's my little one's fave piece of apparatus.

Maybe the council have taken it to be part of the new fencing?! Hope they replace it soon, as GGS is so well used and a vital local resource if you are 3.

Here's hoping it is found safe and well.

Also, I've noticed for a while that there's graffiti on the lovely mural by the playground - does anyone know how long its been like that and if the council are going to repair it? If no one knows, I'll ask one of the local councillors.

I am sad. So will be my lil' boy. That slide was the best one - he'd just mastered getting up that huge step up to the slide bit. I was looking forward to him mastering the rigging bit.

If these low-lifes have sawn it in half, is it in a dangerous state or have the council made it safe?

citizen

i will be phoning southwark shortly re the telly that has appeared outside my house (if i can call a number and get southwark to collect it, why could its owners not do the same rather than dump it outside my house?? but that is another matter) so will try to speak to parks department and report back.

Not much news, they've taken details of the slide and the grafitti, and will call back. Weiredly though GG is not listed on the list of parks or playgrounds on the Southwark website.

Maybe someone could mentiuon the slide to Richard Thomaas who seems to be Mr Fix-It at the moment.

It's not the slide on the (green) frame with the rigging that's gone, it's the main slide on the castle-style frame with the walkway in the middle of the playground. (Unless another one has been filched since I last visited a fortnight or so ago)

Incidentally, on the subject of Goose Green playground, is there any way of persuading the powers-that-be to replace the pelican and bull rockers, or at least loosen them up a bit somehow so that they actually rock. You need the strength/weight of a Liquorish bouncer to shift them at all and my kids get cruelly frustrated trying to budge them.

GG playground may not be listed because I am led to believe GG falls into 2/3 different areas including camberwell?!? which is partly why people at different sides of GG don't get consulted as the counils haven't as yet found a way of working together. This I think has been raised before by Bellenden Residents group within their newsletter, also why few people knew about the fence that seperates it.