Community Council Meeting Wed 14 Jan at 7pm

On the agenda is Parking Charges and Fixed Penalty Notices with a Q&A; this may be interesting given what we read happens on this forum!

Also on the Agenda is "Findings from the Audit along Nunhead Lane and Evelina Road".

Sadly I shall be working but I hope those of you who care, will be able to attend.

Reminds me, haven't read much from AllForNun recently!

I am aware this Community Council meeting is for Nunhead and Peckham Rye so the Moderator may want to move this to the Lounge, but many of us border that CC area and are always welcome.

thanks for the info PR. any idea on where i might find a map of the council zones? when we've contacted the coppers for anything we've been passed round... east dulwich claims we are the "peckham ward" and peckham said we are in the "east dulwich ward." are ward boundaries the same as community council boundaries? HELP obviously i am really confused! (but then again, so are the cops)

I hope someone will be going to this meeting since the subjects being discussed are of regular concern with many of us in here. And Please would you report back? I am so peed off I can't attend!

It's at Mary Magdalene school on Consort Road the one way road leading up to Nunhead.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

On the agenda is Parking Charges and Fixed Penalty

Notices with a Q&A; this may be interesting given

what we read happens on this forum!

Also on the Agenda is "Findings from the Audit

along Nunhead Lane and Evelina Road".

I did attend PR, though not really too much to report.

*The parking charges were mainly in relation to evening and weekend suspension of charges in three carparks in Peckham in the run up to Christmas and the (positive) effect it had on businesses and shoppers.

*The FPNs were those issued for litter/refuse and the like offences. Rather boring really!

*The Nunhead Lane/Evilina report as expected came up with the findings that street furniture and unnecessary signage should be removed and replaced with more acceptable street furniture and signage and that an uniform pavement, assumingly to beautify the area somewhat is what is needed. Of course the funding isn't in place and the timescale for improvements can't be estimated either.

*The Peckham Rye and Nunhead Area Action Plan chap gave a presentation, but I'm at a loss to recall anything he said. :-S

*A positive recycling presentation from the contractor Violia. Recycle everything except tetrapaks! lol

*CGS - A few decisions, but lots of referrals.

*CGS Capital - Erm, somthing to do with the Tram and SC plus other councils thinking about finding a way of progressing with it without the Mayor (at least I think that was this bit)

*Planning - I think I fell asleep

*Wardens - Doing incredibly well, or at least the street ones are. The park wardens apparently were down to 2 officers for the borough in December, but they are restructuring at the moment so that's a jolly good excuse!

*Police - Mmm Having meetings and reportedly not treating kids with kid gloves ;-)

But, the most important thing to be announced was that one of our very own members has received an MBE in the New Years Honours list :))

"...The Nunhead Lane/Evilina report as expected came up with the findings that street furniture and unnecessary signage should be removed and replaced with more acceptable street furniture and signage and that an uniform pavement, assumingly to beautify the area somewhat is what is needed. Of course the funding isn't in place and the timescale for improvements can't be estimated either......"

un fuck ing believable !!! these people need to be kidnapped, smuggled out of the country, and tied up with PLO scarves to a post on a roundabout in Gaza.

It's like paying taxes to watch people masturbate.......when are they going to get round to doing some actual fucking ?

actually i think they have started and it the residents of Nunhead who are getting it !!!!

I was at the meeting too - the report about the street audit was very general but of the results, the first item mentioned was "install additional uncontrolled crossings" (I think this means Zebra crossings rather than out-of-control crossings) Yes, "install uniform paving" in also on the list, but the man went to on to say that more details will be posted on the Southwark website and people will be invited to comment on how the ideas should be prioritised. I, for one, do want more crossings, and as soon as it's on the website, I'll let people know here.

There was a street audit in Lordship Lane last year - apparently there are definite plans for a crossing outside Somerfield, and on the third arm of the Lordship Lane roundabout. This will also apparently go on the website so again, once I've found it I'll let people know.