Dulwich Park Friends

Ko

At the Goose Green Fair, I spoke to a man from Dulwich Park Friends and I said I would post something about them on the forum. A particular point of interest is that they hold volunteer days once a month for people interested in helping out (I recall that there was a bluebell planting day in the spring).

The website is www.dulwichparkfriends.org.uk and this is what they say about themselves on their introductory page:

"Dulwich Park Friends is a registered charity which was set up eight years ago. We currently have 300 family memberships. Our role is to liase with the council and to encourage them to look after the park in the interests of the visitors to the park.

If you think the park is being well managed, and you don't want this to decline, you should join the friends to give us more authority with the council.

If you think the park could be better managed, and you want to take an active part in promoting it, you should join the friends and work with us to improve it.

The committee meets once a month and has meetings with the council officers regularly to discuss a whole range of topics. Our core duty is to agree improvements with the council and then fundraise in support of them.

The more members we have, the more our voice is heard."

If you would like more information , please visit the website. :)