Big Crash on Barry Road

trentk69

Yes I saw this too..looked pretty bad. The car on the corner had a green P badge on it too...not a good start to driving. Couldnt make out what had happened tho'.Plenty of police on scene but ambulance came and went.

BTW I wasnt gawping!!!Just stuck in my car trynbg to get across Underhill Road!!!!

another crash? there was a bad one on saturday afternoon too, again about 3 or 4 cars.......and an Ikea lorry. It was right outside our house but we were out at the time....we've started parking our car around the corner as most of the damage seemed to be to the parked cars..

A few years ago when I was living on Barry Road there was a horrible crash outside, someone in a very lovely merc convertible bounced off about 8 parked cars and ended up on its roof. half a dozen cars destroyed. I always hated parking on Barry Road, some people really put their foot down going up and down there. (td)

I repeat a previous comment I have put on the forum. Driving on Barry Road can be terrifying. They need to put speed bumps, traffic lights whatever to calm the traffic. A year or two back, at around 6 in the morning someone popped out of Upland Road and was struck by someone bombing it down Barry Road. Both ended up outside Barry's store. Lucky it was that early in the morning or there would be a shrine there now to the long lost much-missed dead! Calm down everyone.

The speed table at Goodrich Road junction of Barry Road was put in several years ago in response to series of crashes in the road and cars doing 80mph. Bus drivers went on strike refusing to take the then 312s, 12s and 78 up Barry Road as they had to go too slowly at Goodrich, if they misjudged their speed, they would damage bus. After about a week of this, Southwark council had to redo speed table and lower it considerably. BARA over the years have been involved with various consultations re speed ( last meeting was held some years ago in St. Clements Church Hall)- in fairness to the council. they have come up with various schemes - but faced much opposition, mainly from Transport for London and a few stroppy residents, did not got very far. Any good ideas - talk to your local councillors or Dulwich Community Council.