Very Belated but heartfelt Thanks PR Station

On 28 August last year I had to get to Guy's Hospital by 9.30 am. I managed to get myself to PR station, but became very agitated on the platform and to my astonishment and that of the people around me I became very distressed and simply sat on a seat and wept. Everyone ignored me, except one blonde lady (late 20s perhaps?). She helped me on to the train and ensured that I got to London Bridge, talking to me all the time and easing my distress. I know I must have looked like the nutter on the train as I was carrying a white towel (I was feeling very ill) and a red T shirt that was far too big for me.

If that lady reads this forum, I would like to give her my utter thanks for helping me that day. I was only minutes away from complete collapse (I was rushed straight to A&E in St Thomas' on arrival at Guy's and underwent brain surgery 2 days later).

Many many thanks

I've examined my conscience and, like HB, I've come up wanting. I'm glad that you're OK and that, by some miracle, you found someone to take care of you. But I'm also very ashamed because I would have looked the other way. There's a lesson here.

What a courageous lady she was, I could not have helped for fear of being branded a sexual predator/nutter/interfering old git etc.

It had to be a female.

Such good fortune your blonde good Samaritan was there for you in your hour of desperate need.

Hope you have no further episodes, and good luck in meeting up with her in the future.

I think when in a vulnerable position, most women would trust another woman more than a man... correct me if you disagree though. But that doesn't mean a man shouldn't try to help, if nobody else appears to care.

I doubt the police or ambulance service would be of any help, at least not in London.

I agree that there is a lesson to be learnt from this - and what an amazing story.

Auracaught what a nightmare time for you ,do hope you've recovered.

AuraCaught have you considered a letter to the letters page of the South London Press as a means of making contact with your " Good Samaritan "? Though if I were a reporter on the SLP I'd think it would make a good story.

Wow, what a good person she was. How awful for you to be so distraught in a public place. But sometimes you just cannot tell when it's going to happen. I hope you are recovering well and that the doctors have solved the problem for you. Hopefully the lady, or someone that knows her, will read this.

I'm crying with shame too at the knowledge I would have probably moved carriage.

Please put a plea in Metro and London Lite as well as the South London Press. Your Samaritan deserves a thank you. Thank you SO much for sharing your story and prompting much soul-searching.