Gas Board

LordLane

The 'Gas Board' has not existed since the market was deregulated in the 90s. The gas infrastructure is owned by National Grid Gas (formerly Transco), however your first point of contact should be a retail gas supplier such as British Gas or of of the many former local electricity companies such as Eon or Southern Electric. They will be able to provide you with up to date information on how tpo proceed with a connection.

There will be a cost involved in creating a new gas connection, if its merely reestablishing a connection this cost will be much lower.

When I was 17 i used to work for British Gas.

The gas network south of the river is actually owned by Scotia Gas Networks, (indeed part of Scottish and Southern) not National Grid who sold it to them a few years ago. You can contact them for a quote to connect http://www.scotiagasnetworks.co.uk/index.aspx?id=952&rightColHeader=20&rightColContent=15&rightColFooter=237&TierSlicer1_TSMenuTargetID=102&TierSlicer1_TSMenuTargetType=4&TierSlicer1_TSMenuID=6 or you can get an independent Utility Infrastructure Provider (UIP) to do it as well, which National Grid helpfully direct you to from the weblink that Burbage has above

Hi, I was just doing a search for southern electric east dulwich and came across your conversation. A man from there came to my door yesterday and put up a very convincing argument as to why I should switch from EDF to SE... he said 85% of properties in this area are already using them and it's much cheaper.. Does that seem reasonable? I am a new first time flat owner so no experience in these matters.

You could always try one of those cost comparison websites such uswitch...

haggis Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi, I was just doing a search for southern

> electric east dulwich and came across your

> conversation. A man from there came to my door

> yesterday and put up a very convincing argument as

> to why I should switch from EDF to SE... he said

> 85% of properties in this area are already using

> them and it's much cheaper.. Does that seem

> reasonable? I am a new first time flat owner so no

> experience in these matters.