Swimming Pools

Hi,

Having caught something horrible each time I've been in the ED Pool I'll never go there again, so wondered oif others can recommend local pools?

Is the Pulse open again yet?

Also, I hear JAGS has a pool, and a membership just for the pool, can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

JAGS is very nice but pricey at ?396 a year - I'm not aware of any Swimming Only memberships. Beckenham is excellent and a great example of what local authority pools/gyms could be. The Pulse has reopened and is looking quite good at the moment as the changing rooms, showers and toilets have all been refurbished. How long it'll remain in this state is anyone's guess though as I doubt that it'll be given the resources to keep it looking this way.

There's been other threads about local gyms/pools and apparently the ED leisure centre is going to get a ?5m makeover - search for "East Dulwich Pool (Fusion Gym)" in this forum.

lorraineliyanage Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what did you catch from the local pools???

Suffice to say I was glad of the fact I work from home...as I never dare venture more than 5 metres from the toilet. And I wasn't vomiting either....this lasted about a day both times.

jim_the_chin Wrote:

> I've done Camberwell, East Dulwich, Kangley Bridge

> but have settled at Beckenham Spa -

That sounds the one for me then. Cycle over there, swim and a cycle back....nice!

jim_the_chin Wrote:

> At the spa? yes, a really good one with a floor

> that moves up and down to accomodate different

> sized people. My kid does swimming lessons there.

a floor that moves up and down?? So do they have different swimming times for people of different heights, or do you just have to hope they don't lower it while you're in there!?

If you want the baby/kids pool be sure to call the Spa - I called today for example and its closed. Also, during the week its mostly open for lessons only. However, you can take babies into the big pool if you fancy.

I may well avoid the bank holiday kids and wait until next Sunday when you can take babies in the baby pool all day long.

Has anyone been to Crystal Palace kids pool? Any good?

Crystal palace pool is quite nice, but the changing room and general environment are grotty.

Go to Peckham, don't be snobby. It's lovely.

Greenwich the Arches is nice but hard to park. Deptford is nice too.

The Spa at Beckenham has a nice soft play too, as does Peckham. It's quite pricey, the Spa. ?7.10 to swim, mum and child.

nutty Wrote:

> jim_the_chin Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > At the spa? yes, a really good one with a

> floor

> > that moves up and down to accomodate different

> > sized people. My kid does swimming lessons

> there.

>

>

> a floor that moves up and down?? So do they have

> different swimming times for people of different

> heights, or do you just have to hope they don't

> lower it while you're in there!?

It's not just the kids session it goes up and down for, it's also for the disabled swimming club. SimonM and I used to go regularly - it's great to have a pool that takes wheelchair access and safe water height for granted.