Hisar....It doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Myself, two Turkish friends and another friend went to the 'Authentic' Hisar saturday gone, we were especially excited since etched on the glass of their window it says they do Pide and Lahmacun two very traditional Turkish dishes, our favourites! ( though I do recall before they did not have any when I went but could not say for definite if it was Hisar) but my friends were adamant they did do it since it is authentic and clearly advertised on their window! so off we went, and they said they do not do Pide or Lahmacun, nor will they ever do it! I mentioned but it's false advertising, the waiter just shrugged his shoulder, said they do not do it nor will they.

Are they allowed to advertised food that are not on the menu and they have no intention of selling now or in the future?

It went from bad to worse when three of my friends ordered Lemon cheesecake ( I chose banana ice cream) and their cheesecakes were rock hard ( Obviously served straight from the freezer) they attempted to eat it but naturally they could not get their spoon through the cheesecake and called a waiter over who stated all he can do is microwave it.....Well that was an experience! Microwave warm cheesecake!

Not sure I will be going back again, I think I will stick to Meze Mangal in future!

yes, went there myself with my girlfriend, had a trout, although, not typically turkish, it was like it had never been swimming in the sea, dryer than the sahara and about as tasty as a mouthful of its sand.... still, maybe next time, i should have something more typically turkish...

You don't seem to have any evidence to back up your claims. No Pide or Lahmacun on the online menu or any photos on the shop windwows. Personally I've always liked the place but haven't been in a while, though as a fellow addict of cheesecake I share your pain. Shocking!

I've seen those etchings - sounds wrong to me that they are advertising what they don't have. That said, the two times I've been to Hisar I was very impressed by the food (deliciously smokey grilled meats) and the prices...

4hw Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've seen those etchings - sounds wrong to me that

> they are advertising what they don't have. That

> said, the two times I've been to Hisar I was very

> impressed by the food (deliciously smokey grilled

> meats) and the prices...

The I-Beyti ( lamb wrapped in tortilla) was rather delicious but I wanted PIDE!!

Are you mad? Ordering trout in Hisar is like ordering a steak and chips from the "British menu" at Mr Lieus.

Hisar is fantastic - but stick to what they are great at - grilled meat. Their best dishes are grilled lamb cubes or grilled chicken with salad and rice. They also do a special lamb dish with a sauce - cant remember but its the priciest one. The homous and pitta are also good.

Not the best wine list but a few cheery drinkable bottles on it. And the most gentlemanly old school efficient waiters that always make any women swoon.....

MrBen Wrote:

And the most gentlemanly old school

> efficient waiters that always make any women

> swoon.....

xxxxxx

Blimey, I'd better pay more attention to the waiters next time I'm there :))

Haven't swooned for a while :))

What Hisars do, they do well, however they do advertise Pide and Lahmacun, both of which I adore and have asked for in the past and also been disappointed that they don't do it. I too have pointed out that if they don't offer the dishes they shouldn't have them on the windows to a total lack of interest.

You can get ok Pide at Tas Pide opposite the Globe - but I've never got Lachmacun in England which is a real shame.

Not eaten in Hizar, but if it's anything like Dish Dash in Balham, then I must get round to it... Do they do a decent veggie selection (for the Missus)? That's why Dish Dash is great, it's the same great grilled meat type place, but they also have some brill veggie options.

• 2 months later...

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not eaten in Hizar, but if it's anything like Dish

> Dash in Balham, then I must get round to it... Do

> they do a decent veggie selection (for the

> Missus)? That's why Dish Dash is great, it's the

> same great grilled meat type place, but they also

> have some brill veggie options.

i'm a veggy and so is no 1 son, we love it there.. they do a mixed veggy meze for 2, ?7.50