Live music at the Forest Hill Tavern - Bank Holiday Sunday

Further to my thread about the FHT, I'm now actually going to be singing there this Sunday night!

I'm actually a jazz chantoozie - in the Diana Krall/Bebel Gilberto/Nouvelle Vague stylee... Check out www.andreamann.com to find out more/hear tunes/etc.

I'll be performing with Barry Green - one of the UK's most amazing young jazz pianists - and we're playing from 7pm-9.30pm. So please come on down - it would be lovely to meet people, and to get support going for live music locally.

Cheers!

Yes, I can't believe there isn't more live music going on here - esp. given (a) the number of great musicians living in the area (it's like jazz Stella Street near me), and (b) the local crowd being pretty much the perfect target audience, as far as I can see.

I'm making it my mission to try and get some regular live music going in the area... I'm in talks with the manager of the EDT too about a weekly residency there, hopefully starting July 16, so watch this space. He seems really keen, and it would be great to get a regular local music night going. Can't believe none of the bars or restaurants on Lordship Lane have tried it before!

Re. the refit - it's pretty good. Well, I'd drink there now, put it that way! See the other FHT thread I started...

So, the gig last night was really lovely - thanks to any EDFers who came down!

There seemed to be a few old FHT regulars there, but the pub is definitely mostly attracting yer more typical East Dulwich type now. And I mean that in a good way - it was a very nice, friendly and laidback atmosphere in there. And anywhere that has a Prosecco as its cheap bubbly of choice is alright by me ;-).

It's going to be a monthly thing now, me singing down there on a Sunday night - so will let you guys know when the next one's on. I spoke to the owner Kevin again, and they are definitely up for getting live music going there. Apparently a six-piece Irish band rocked up there on Saturday night and just performed spontaneously for three hours!