Trees at ED Station

TheePope

Why have they chopped down so many trees behind the platform at ED station?

Is it to:

a) better display the rubbish that accumulates behind the fence

b) make the journey into town even more miserable by removing cover from the rain

c) allow the residents in the houses behind a better view of the "station"

d) allow people waiting on the platform to have a good gawp at the those houses

e) an active attempt at thinning out the trees to promote the growth of species native to the ED ecosphere

f) no reason

Grrr,

I noticed it this morning and thought it was a bit sad but then thought it was probably due to safety i.e. to eliminate crazy people hiding in the bushes..

I really hope now that the trees wont cover the rubbish THAT PEOPLE STOP LITTERING AT THE STATION - TAKE IT WITH YOU YOU LAZY SODS!! sorry I just had to shout that out..

I watched them yesterday. They were going at it with some efficiency using a small caterpillar tracked tree shredder - what a Boys Toy.

I wonder about the leaves on line argument. It is, after all, late winter, the leaves have long dropped. The twittering of the birds in the trees was one of the few pleasures of ED station. At least we will will have a clear view of the rats gamboling amongst the stumps as we stand unsheltered in the rain.

My house back on to the tracks a couple of hundred metres along the line, and they've done the same there... it's not just the station.

Basically, it's a lot cheaper to completely demolish all the trees every 10-15 years than it is to prune them once a year.