ED Comedy

I have been going to comedy in ED for about 8 years now, following the East Dulwich Comedy club through it's years at the EDT, the the Mag, then briefly Camberwell New Rd, before they found a permanent home at the Hob in Forest Hill

More recently Joe Rowntree pulled in some fantastic bills at the GutRocking nights at the EDT and, Pull The Other One has been a revelation at the Ivy House. A beautiful theatre at the back of that place, a very varied cabaret atmosphere and an appreciative crowd

So all in all - pretty well served I would say. However, last night i went along to the Hob's new material night - top standups doing new material. I think it was only the second one they have done but what a stonker it was. ?3 for nearly three hours of excellent performances. I found it hard to believe that my companions hadn't heard of Daniel Kitson before last night but they are avowed fans now. Anyway, it gets advertisd in the what's on thread so keep an eye out for future bills. But do go, it's fab

What other great comedy nights have you had in the area? Anyone been to the new NunsHead nights?