Squaters

paolot

Got a place on my street.....huge Victorian building...recently been borded up by council with the large metal grids at all windows as squaters were in there....yet at 2am the other night 3 caravans pull up and about 20 people get into the same place with all their gear/matresses/furniture/dogs etc etc and come the next night there is lecky on in there and happy days thats them....anyone know what the crack is with this kind of thing? Do squaters stay until they are moved out? If this is the case the whole process of being booted out and then back in to the same property has taken about 2 weeks?????

Thanks

If it had metal shutters on all doors and windows and these were securely fixed then entry must have been forced. This means an offence has been committed and squatters rights DO NOT apply. They have committed a crime and are illegaly occupying the building. They can be evicted immediately.

I suggest you make a note of their vehicle registrations and report the matter to the police and the Council - provided they are the owners.

Good luck.

paolot if you have no burglar alarm, I should get one.

When squatters moved into a house rear of where I used to live, all the houses without alarms were broken into in the following weeks. There was a constant trail of police with clip boards, going past my house, carrying insurance lists.

i actually have squatters in a house a few doors down and they have done nothing but been disruptive since they moved in. They have totally gutted the house which includes removing the bath and toilet. They use the back garden as a toilet and we have seen them many times doing this. They unfortunately do not have any electricity or heating. I have contacted the council about them and they say it is going to court but its taking a while and apparently the squatters know how long it takes to get an injunction to remove them and they usually move out before the notice is served.

Contact the council (if it is a council house) or even the police. You can go on the met police website and report a non emergency crime on there

pommie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They have totally

> gutted the house which includes removing the bath

> and toilet. They use the back garden as a toilet

> and we have seen them many times doing this. They

> unfortunately do not have any electricity or

> heating.

that sounds totally ridiculous , makes you wonder why they need to squat a house at all if they rip out all the ammenities ,having a sh1t in the garden is the pits .

Shite......it doesn't seem that long ago when Camberwell especially was a wash with squats, parties,,,,tolerance and weed...maybe the recession will bring back some counterculture.....I'll stick up for these 'scumbugs' you 'breadheads'.....sadly from time to time I realise that you are mainly just a bunch of yuppies

Good for you quids for intiating the debate...

But I'm not sure that breaking into someone else's property, vandalising it, stealing electricity, making innocent people's lives a misery, while not contributing to society in any way - can be justified by calling in a counterculture.

I once Lived in Brokckey SE4.

later I moved to East Dulwich

Im was happy until one day I woke up and found that my SE London manor had turned into a Dali inspired Daily Mail theme park

And I wept

PS- most Squatters understand the law & work within it limits- B&E is s big no no & will attract unwarranted heat form the filth - I have no problem wioth responsible people occupying an empty building ratehr than face the rapacious benefit system and its scum landlord parasites.

Scratch an ambitious BTL investor and find a Hoogstraaten beneath

In theory I wouldn't have a real problem with people occupying an empty building, if they look after the place and move out when it becomes apparent that the owner needs it back. But I have a problem when they trash the property and/or refuse to leave.

And I also have a pretty big problem with freeloaders who choose not to work for a living, and I suspect that many (but maybe not all) squatters fall into this category.