Where is / IS there an East Dulwich Hotel

Hi - doing some research for someone who wants a photo of The East Dulwich Hotel, but I can't seem to find such a place

and certainly never heard of it mentioned here.

Is there still somewhere called "The East Dulwich Hotel"?

If not, was there?

If so, where was it, or where is the building now?

Thanks!

Bawdy-Nan is right, there was a Dulwich Hotel, on a steep hill ( Overhill Road), heading to Dawson Heights etc, but it was then used as a hostel for immigrant, it has since been knocked down and I think it is just houses/flats now.

Sorry for the typo with steel and steep! I could not think of the name but I remembered it on a hill as my uncle stayed there and said it was horrible and I had to walk pass it and and tackle the hill to do babysitting just off overhill road where the Hotel was. It's the only hotel in East Dulwich. There are bed and breakfasts but that is in Thurlow Park and Rosendale Road which is West Dulwich.

Yes I was wondering if it was East Dulwich Tavern but the person I am researching for says not.

So these flats you refer to, on this steel hill whatever a steel hill means, where abouts down Lordship Lane is it?

I know the new flats at the junction of the road leading to Dawson Heights - was that "East Dulwich Hotel"?

I'd not have thought of that as East Dulwich.

I am terribly grateful for your help. (Not really getting into the Planet of the Apes on the telly!)

I think maybe that was a typo, and Heidi meant steep hill?

There was definitely an old building with "hotel" in big concrete letters on the front of it, which has now been converted to flats, but I'm not sure whether that was the East Dulwich Hotel. That's where you're talking about I think PeckhamRose, just off Lordship Lane to the right (as you're heading down away from the Harvester towards Goose Green). Can't think which road it's off, but maybe Overhill? Certainly around that area somewhere. I'd think that would count as East Dulwich, definitely still an SE22 postcode!

It's quite an imposing building, in it's time was obviously quite an impressive hotel.